Chapter 18

I drove back home and parked the Batmobile in its designated spot in the Batcave. I ejected the keys from the ignition and sat back in my seat. I looked around, but not really paying much attention to anything at all. I took off my mask and gloves, and got out of the car. I walked over to my Dad's computer and set the keys down next to the mouse. I took off my suit and fixed my clothes underneath. I hung up my suit and went to grab the keys from the desk. I hung up the keys where the others were and left to make my way upstairs. 

"Amelia, where have you been?" Robin asked as I entered the kitchen. 

"Just took a drive." 

"Where?"

"Around Gotham."

"Are you alright?"

"Yeah, why?"

"You seem down."

"I was just thinking about everything. My father, Harvey, and just some other things."

"Alright. And your father left about twenty minutes ago to go to the Enterprises. He said he had some work to do."

"I just hope he doesn't tell Fox," I mumbled.

"What? What did he do?"

"My father stepped down. He left his legacy of the Batman up to me. Did he not tell you?"

"He hasn't mentioned that to me."

"Well, my father talked to me and informed me that he's leaving everything to me. He said he couldn't do it anymore."

"Wow. Am I allowed to help if need be?"

"Absolutely. I don't see why you couldn't." 

"Awesome."

"The thing is, there really isn't anything to do now. My father and I already took care of all the criminals."

"That's true. But maybe we can find something to do." 

"Like what, take down a robber that's stealing an old lady's purse?", I asked jokingly. 

"Yea, if there's nothing else to do," he replied, laughing as well. 

"Hey, if that's what we have to do." 

"Gotham would never be the same." 

"Nope." 

"Hey, I'm home," my Dad said as he closed the door behind him. 

"Hey, Dad. How was work?"

"Good, Amelia. And you and I need to go to the Enterprises for 10am tomorrow." 

"Why?"

"I had to explain everything to Fox. He asked why you had gone out alone and I told him everything."

"Was he mad? What did he say?"

"He wasn't mad. He understood where I was coming from and he said that it's for the best, even though Gotham is a safe place right now." 

"So what is he going to talk to me about tomorrow?" 

"He's going to explain everything that's in the room behind his office. You need to know what everything is before you go and use it."

"Alright. Can Robin come, too?"

"I don't see why not." 

"Okay. So 10am tomorrow?"

"Yes. I'm going to go downstairs and clean up the cave. Come get me if you need me."

"Okay, Dad."

He headed downstairs, and Robin and I were left alone in the kitchen. 

"Is he okay?", Robin asked.

"He doesn't seem to be handling not being Batman very well."