Chapter 2: Maddy and Ray

"We were on your territory because Alpha Leo was in search of a new female fighter" I explained briefly.

"What, I don't understand" he stated with the same confused tone. I turn to look at him to see his thick eyebrows knitted together.

"Have you ever heard of alpha Leo before" I question him back. It's better to see what he knows first before I continue.

"Yeah, his pack is from the south. They're known to be quite a fierce and vicious pack."

"They are" I mumble to myself knowing he can hear me. My eyes trail of to the side as I think about how vicious they really are. "Alpha Leo is the head of the Red River Pack from the south like you said. They're not like any ordinary pack. And how they 'recruit' their members aren't either."

"What do you mean?" I could hear the frustration coming through. I turn back to look at him again. I look down to see his hand drop from mine as he waits for to answer him properly. I can feel my defensive walls going up as I look at him with a guarded expression.

"His pack trains wolves to become strong malicious warriors to strengthen his pack to become the greatest. One of our female fighters was killed," I struggle to say this as I remember the unfortunate event. "He was here to 'recruit' a new member by the name of Tory Connors to replace the last one" as soon as I said those words, Reagan flipped out.

"WHAT!" he sprung out of his seat and began to pace the room. His back muscles rippling with anger as his eyes began to darken. He finally turns to me. His menacing gaze falls on me. If I was the person I was three and a half years ago, his gaze would have scared the shit out of me.

"No one messes with my family,"

Family? Wait Tory Connors is his family. Last I heard she was part of the alpha bloodline like me meaning Reagan must be too.

"How dare you think you can take my sister" he voice was deadly, and directed towards me. Tory Connors is his sister? That must mean Reagan is either an alpha or an alpha to be unless he has an older male sibling. Just then his words clicked to me. Why is he getting angry at me? Why is he placing blame on me?

"Why are you acting like I am to blame, like I wanted this?" I stand too facing him going into a defensive stance. I can feel my wolf stirring. She isn't happy about the way our mate is treating us and how we have to be defensive but she too goes into defensive mode sensing danger. He senses the change in my mood and that instantly begins to calm him down slightly.

"Well why were you here?" he questions raising an eyebrow.

"Because I had no choice Regan" he name slipped or should I say glided off my tongue swiftly. I could see the slight twinkle in his eye as he heard me say his name. Clearly he likes that.

"What do you mean you had no choice? You may not have had a chance to shift as your wolf probably sensed that their mate and their mates pack were present, but you were there none the less?"

I took in a deep breath and exhaled in a large sigh as I plopped down onto the edged of the couch with my head in my hands. I'm not used to all this arguing and shouting and tension. I fight. That's all. That's all I really know among other things but physical fighting is what I do. Yelling and arguing, not so much. I look up and see him staring right at me still tense but not as bad as before waiting for my next move.

"Reagan... I was kidnapped three and a half years ago" I let out barely above a whisper but I knew he heard as I heard him gasp quietly. The room fell deafly quiet. He moved forward and sat right next to me, closer than he had before and placed his left arm around my shoulders. I had placed my head on his large warm muscular shoulder.