0.4

Sydney;-;

I've successfully avoided everyone in school the past two weeks since the Galla party. Serena's dress was a bitch to wash out. I had to wash it by hand and wait a awhile before washing it again so I didn't strain the material. I walked out of my apartment for the first time in those two weeks. The only time I did leave the apartment was to walk to school and even then I left super late so I didn't run into Dan. Dan who had been texting me and calling me the past week. Dan who knocks on my apartment door and I tell my dad to say 'Sydneys not home right now' when in reality Dan probably knows I'm home because my musics been on blast. Dan who recently gave up efforts to get me out of my shelter. I've never had such cruel acts put upon me like that. Sure I've gotten into fights in Brooklyn but they were never embarrassing. In front of my dads boss. In front of Chuck bass. In front of all of the important people. Now I stood in front of Dans apartment door. I knew he was the only one home because his dad had an art showing and he took Jenny to her moms. Dan had been saying he didn't want to see his mom this weekend because he wanted to practice writing for a big college thing he had. My fist rose to knock on the door freezing right when I would hit it. Instead the door began to open. So I stood there dress in my left hand with heels and fist raised above my head about to knock on the door frozen seeing Dan there. My best friend. He smiled at my engulfing me in a hug. "Syd... I missed you I ran after you. But you disappeared!" Dan said letting me go from the hug. I awkwardly stood there moving the dress out in front of me "I cleaned the dress the stains gone you can give it back to Serena. And the shoes" he took them both his eyebrows furrowed. "Come in." I hesitated. Go in and potentially talk to Dan like before or go back and hibernate. "I'll see you at school on Monday" I said smiling at him turning and walking back to my apartment Dan didn't say anything. He didn't fight he just nodded and shut the apartment door.

Sitting on the couch one leg tucked up the other brought up to my chest I re-watched American horror story. Evan peters literally could have my heart. A knock from my door made me jump "Dan I told you" I pressed pause on the tv getting up walking to the door opening expecting to see Dan. Instead I got the red headed satan with perfect bouncy curls and and outfit the made her more human than I've ever seen her. The holes in her jeans were like openings to an actual person. But she held a black credit card in her hand and a lip glossy smile filled her face. "Hi Sarah I just wanted to apologize for the party. It was wrong of you to spill the drink on yourself and for me to point it out. Now I'm inviting you to go shopping with me and I'm buying." She said her eyes looking me over "we have some work to do" I look at my floral sweater. It would be nice to get some expensive clothes. "First of all my name is Sydney. Not Sarah not street rat not Brooklyn. Is that clear" I said regaining the strength I had before I got to this god awful place "Second of all, i will go with you. Only if you treat me like a person" she laughed "Well of course" with that I put on my black nike shoes and walked out with her.

Kendyl-;-

The only way I could really get Chuck back was if I became friends with this girl. Good luck! -Blair I laughed at my phone as my personal driver drove us to my favorite stores. Fuck me. This is all for Chuck-me. Shutting my phone down I put it in my pocket looking at Sydney. "So we're gonna go to a couple stores. You're free to pick what you want I don't have a limit on my card. Plus I brought Blairs too." I laughed acting like Blair didn't know but in reality I told Blair. It's a tactic if she thinks I'm fun and easy going that I would take Blairs c.c then she'll get along with me. "Ha" she said looking back out the window to New York City. That was a no go. I slumped back in the chair. Plan B. "I'm just kidding she knows I have it I was just trying to see if you'd think that's cool I guess?" I said. Honesty. That's something Dan has right? She likes Dan and Serena. They're honest. I think? It's hard to tell. This mad her laugh instead shaking her head. "You try too hard. Why don't you let up?" She said looking at me now. Some actual advice? Ha no thank you Sarah. I wish I could say but I didn't. For Chuck. "Yeah you're right I'll loosen up" I said moving my shoulders a bit. "All loose" I said laughing at myself

"That's cute" I said pointing out another thing I would buy for Sydney. She shook her head. So I grabbed it for myself huffing Blair was more entertaining than this. Even Nate would be sufficient at this point. Good idea. Nate he'll make this better. After the party nate talked to me. He was the one that actually gave me this idea of trying to be friends. Of course Nate didn't exactly say do it to get to Chuck but we all have our kinks. Dialing nates number I pressed my phone to my ear leaving Sydney there to look at clothes as I hid behind a rack of shoes "Hello" Nates raspy voice spoke over the phone "Nate!" I smiled when I heard his voice "hey Kendyl what's up?" Nate said his voice perking up "Meet me in the Versace store? Say five minutes" there was rustling like he was getting ready. "I'm at chucks so I'll be there in less than that" I smiled pursing my lips "Bye babe thanks!" I ended the call sticking the phone back in my pocket meeting Sydney who was looking a tennis shoes. "Let's go to Versace" I said looking at the small pile she gathered. "If you say so" we checked out leaving the bags in the back of the car then going to the Versace store. Nate was waiting outside making me smile as I started to pick up the pace until I saw him. "You didn't say you were her" Nate said as I said "you didn't say you were with him?!" Bother of our tempers flared "I didn't have a choice he heard me leave and tagged along" Nate said. Chuck walked up to Sydney who was lagging behind a bit. There goes my plan. Chuck walked up with Sydney making her laugh and swat at his arm. My eyes narrowed hooking arms with Nate. We walked through the store looking at shoes "Why are you with her?" Nate asked looking at me. "You said try to become friends" I spoke pursing my lips. "In the right intentions. I see the game your playing K and it's not you. This isn't you. Who have you become." I sighed my eyes threatening to water. This wasn't me Chuck Bass turned me into a ruthless ass hole. I only wanted Chuck. I needed someone else. Something else. "Look Nate I didn't come to be talked down on." Nate sighed looking away "whatever you say but if you can't look me in the eye and tell me that Chuck helping Sydney pick out clothes bothers you then I don't know what your on." I huffed looking at Nate. His hazel eyes making me rethink what I was doing for a split second. Feelings came rushing to me when I looked at Nate. Nate who has been there for me. Nate who's hand is on the small of my back. Nate who's inching closer. His lips looking more and more inviting than anyone else's not even chucks. But then there's Chuck who's watching. Chuck who's standing next to Sydney. Chuck who has a scowl on his face seeing me and Nate. And now there's me. Pressing my own lips against Nates my eyes closing for a split second I swore I could feel fire works and my heart was racing at feeling. Nate smiled against my lips As we pulled apart Chuck and Sydney were gone.