Chapter 5

I turn back toward the trucks to see Drew handing his keys to the young woman who had come in his truck... he'd filled it up on our way into town and still managed to get the kids there on time, now I as I got into the driver's seat of my father's truck, I watched as the young woman got into his truck and drove away. What was even more shocking to me was that Drew got into the passenger seat of my truck just as I started it up.

"I didn't realize you let other people use your truck." I comment as I pull back down the school's drive-way.

"I figured you be more comfortable with her taking my truck than yours." He replies with a raised eyebrow in my direction, "After all, it is your father's old truck... didn't peg you for someone who would let kids work on her truck and then drive it around."

"Yeah, well I know a guy who'll make sure they don't hurt Kota." I smile at him as I drive through town to the bank, "I have errands to run so..."

"I'll be here when you get out. Mom asked me to help you with stuff today, and I know moving can be an ordeal in itself." He comments as he leans back in the seat as if he's going to take a nap.

"Well thanks, I'll only be a minute." I say before getting out and walking toward the bank's front door while I pull on my blouse and button it up some of the way.

My errand with the bank took less time than I thought, and soon I was walking out with another fold of paperwork, mostly information on my father's old accounts, the legal documents that stated that everything had been transferred to my account, the paper stating my NEW balance now that it was in my account as well as an envelope of cash that I had withdrawn. As far as anyone in the bank was concerned, and from the number that rested in my account, I was far wealthier than the Matthews were and I was proud to say that only a small portion of it came from my parent's wills... I was a hard worker and tried to save money whenever I could. I didn't like buying expensive things for myself, especially when I didn't really stay in one place for to long and had a good hand at being able to fix things without much trouble (Kota for example).

When I got back into the truck though, I felt a strong need to go the shopping strip of the town, and Drew was more than happy when I asked for his help. We spent the whole day looking at just about everything. Whenever I found him muttering to himself about how the ranch or farm needed something, but he didn't know how much they could afford to spend on the new equipment, I would make a note of what it was and how much it would cost in a mini note pad the bank had given me... he never noticed a thing as I wrote down the list of things the business needed as well as the things that I wanted for the house and our housemates.

I would of course have to look around the entire property myself in order to see what all would be needed, but I knew without a doubt that a new van would be something that we'd have to get today, as well as the supplies I was going to need in order to get us up to date with the paper work we needed. I pushed a flat-bed cart along a warehouse store and paused in front of various office tools, such as a couple filing cabinets in different colors. After getting the cabinets, I immediately went to the staples in town in order to purchase the rest of the things that I felt I needed to run the paper work end of things effectively... that also meant a separate laptop, two different printers, and A LOT of paper.

"We do have a File Room at the house... it's actually more of a closet because mom keeps all of the papers in the spare one in her room." Drew informs me as I loading things onto the counter in order to cash out.

"No I didn't know that, and it won't matter... my room is big enough to second as my office." I reply in a distracted tone as I make sure I have everything put up onto the counter except for the bigger items that are still within the cart, "Besides, I need to get all of the paper work up to date, and hopefully get us ahead of it... and by getting ahead, we can get what ever equipment we need sooner."