Prologue

A/N: PLEASE PLAY THE SONG ABOVE BEFORE YOU BEGIN. THANK YOU.

"Please stop. Mum, please make him stop", Carina pleaded, beads of tears rolling down her chin unto the glass table top. Her hands were handcuffed to both sides of the table, as he stumbled behind her.

At the front of the 10 feet glass table, her mother stood with a Cheshire smile plastered on her face, watching her husband and daughter.

He moved his hand down to his waistline, fumbled with his belt buckle, and pulled his pants down. He was ready.

Carina yelled in pain, pleading for him to stop. Responding, he grabbed her head and smashed it on the table to make her quiet.

She was quiet now, her face was covered with blood that escaped from her broken nose and upper lid of her right eye. Her fiery eyes looked up to her mother at the far end of the table, as she struggled in attempt to get the monster off her.

Her mother twirled the loose strand of her hair that hung carelessly on the right side of her face.

"Why?" She sniffled with a shaky voice, still looking at her, "Why are you allowing him do this to me?" She bit down on her tongue, and could taste as her blood danced around in her mouth, before it slided down to her throat.

"Please make him stop", she begged, as she turned her head to get a glimpse of her father. Her countenance changed, her face heated up with rage as she set eyes on him.

"I swear, this will be the last time I let you do this to me. I will make sure the whole world know, and then your fucking perfect world would come crashing down"

He pushed hard against her in anger.

She screamed, as the pain ran through every muscle in her body, rendering her powerless.

He grabbed her by her hair, licking the blood off her chin, up to the tip of her nose. She wriggled, trying to get out of his hold.

He was persistent. Not long after, Carina's pearl necklace was pulled off her neck, each pearl sliding of the string one after the other, from the smallest to the largest, then it was scattered all over the carpeted floor.

"Don't you ever threaten me, or you will feel the full scale of my wrath," the hoarseness in his voice sent shiver running down her spine, making her squirm.

The shattering sound of glass rang through the room. A broken window.

Carina looked up, her father moved away from her, her mother's eyes widened in fear.

There, by the her father's desk, stood the source of the shattering glass.

"No, please, put it down. Put the gun down," she said firmly in tears, "Don't do what you'll regret. I love you too much for you to do this. Don't make this huge mistake that will hunt you for the rest of your life. I don't want you to carry my burden. Please, put it down. Please. Please. I love you, please put it down, do it for me."

Tears flowed down her face, her upper body jerking, her makeup smeared.

"No, this has gone on far too long and I can't watch you suffer anymore. This is for the best.

The room was quiet. The sound of the trigger been pulled echoed through the room. Three shots were fired. The metal fragments, spiralling through the air, pierced his head, left shoulder and barely scraped his spine. Blood leaked from the small wounds in his flesh, like tears from Carina's eyes.

He was overwhelmed, to know he was dying, astonished by the emotion he had presumed would accompany his brutal end.
There was something tranquilizing as he bled out, gradually losing consciousness with a huge smile on his face. Blurry images swirled before him right until the very end, as he slowly fell to the cushioned floor, leaving the last image stamped upon his mind.

His daughter with a gun in her right hand.