Ghost!Levi x Reader

(AN: OOC LEVI WARNING)

*Levi's PoV*

It's sad really, when you think about it.

There's a beautiful woman, lying in her bed crying, and all I can do is watch.

I can see her, but she can't see me.

It's quite a scary thought. That - without her knowing it - there's always been someone there watching over her. I'm there when she falls, but I can't pick her up. I'm there when she laughs, but she can't hear me laugh with her and I'm there when she cries, and like now, I still can't cheer her up.

If I touch her, my hand just goes right through her and a shiver goes down her spine.

I lie beside her at night, wondering what she's dreaming about, and become sad that I can't enjoy them with her. Because despite being with her 24/7, I wish I could be with her more. I see her smiling sometimes while she's sleeping, and it always makes me smile too. She's such a sweet girl, and the thing I want more than anything is to speak to her, to tell her everything I've been begging to since the day I died.

Dying was easy for me, I honestly had a shit life as it was. My mother died in childbirth, so I was stuck with my shitty excuse for a father. He was never home so I learned to fend for myself pretty early on. If I didn't I would have died. I was a thief at 5 and a murderer at 9. 

I lived in such a filthy world, metaphorically and literally.

My death was easy, I accepted it. I left home as soon as I could, I made my two best friends, then I watched them die, and then, years later, I myself died at the hands of the titans.

I died an honourable death, fighting to save humanity.

We succeeded, I was happy to die.

***

The underworld is a remarkably efficient place. You can either stay in the underworld, be reborn into a new life with no memories of our previous life, go up to a 'heaven-like' place called "Srillia", disappear from existence,  or become a ghost if you have unfinished business in the real world. Dying also gives you a chance to experience other dimensions. In fact, the underworld and Srillia are the only places where every single dimension in existence can meet, though usually, when you decide to become a ghost, you stay in your own dimension, because how can you have unfinished business in another dimension.

However, like all things, there are always a few little glitches. I was one of those. 

Despite my choice to disappear from existence, I was sent into an alternate dimension to 'haunt' a young woman name (Y/N) (L/N). She had (H/L) (H/C) hair and captivating (E/C) eyes. 

At first, I wasn't a huge fan of her's. She was a pretty dull person, not doing much with her life. But it all changed one day. I was following her around as usual, and she met a man. The two fell in love, and they were very happy together. Despite my exterior self assurance that I didn't care. Every time they were together, my unbeating heart sank. Every kiss they exchanged made me irrationally angry. They never had sex (thanks be to god), but despite my unnecessary jealousy, it still saddened me when she cried over him. He cheated on her for some woman with bigger breasts and a lower IQ. 

I watched (Y/N) cry for days, she would have done anything for him, and he treated her like utter shit. I wanted to make him suffer the way (Y/N) had to, I never wanted to see her hurt again. I wanted to put my arm around her, and tell her it's okay, but all she would ever do was shiver at the cold sensation I would send through her body.

I was stuck with this beautiful specimen until she passes away. She's only young, so I will live a long life time with her, or, until I complete whatever goal I was assigned to her for - of which I have no idea.