Come Back

BRADYN

The sounds of my mother making something awoke me. I shuffled out of bed and descended the stairs and saw my mother bustling around the kitchen, preparing breakfast. I suppose this is the part where I walk in chipper and happy. But I haven't been happy in a while. I walked into the kitchen and sat at the island bar.

"Good morning mother." I poured myself a cup of orange juice. She spared me a glance and smiled brightly.

"Morning to you too. How did you sleep? Alright yeah?" I could see that she was concerned about me as I've been home only a week. Where I went is a story for a another time.

"Yeah it was good. How long till breakfast?" I wasn't really interested in breakfast, just trying to keep the conversation going. Before everything happened, I was extremely close to my mother and step father. And speak of the man himself, Patrick Isaacs walked into the dining area.

"Morning girls. How are you guys today?" He asked politely.

"Just making breakfast, as usual." My mother responded.

He looks are me, expecting me to answer his question.

"It's been really good so far. Let's hope the rest day goes just as well." I tried to give him a convincing smile and it must seem to work, as he turns on his heels and walks over to the coffee maker.

"As much as I would love to stay and make chit chat, I've got to head off to work. See you later." He says and then he's off.

"Breakfast should be ready in about thirty minutes. You can do whatever you like until then." She tells me while flipping the pancakes.

I hopped down from the bar stool and headed into the den. I switched the TV and desktop on at the same time and changed the TV station until it was on the local news channel. I logged onto a social media outlet that my "peers" often use. I stopped scrolling through the feed when I heard what I was looking for on the TV and turned it up.

"And breaking news. Bradyn Master, who went missing two years ago and was presumed dead, has recently been located and returned to her family."

Satisfied with what was said, I flipped off the TV and turned my attention to computer in front of me. Seeing what they wrote about me didn't bother me at all.

"I seriously thought she died two years ago."

"When I heard she died, I was disgusted with myself for how badly I treated her."

"Man I was happy when they told me she dead."

Some we're saying that they were horrified with themselves and others were hoping that I had actually died. But I didn't come back to let the same thing happen again. This time, everything will be different.