Nice to meet you again

Amethyst

I slowly opened my eyes to see my four year young sister jumping on my bed. I quickly scooped her up and wiggled my fingers into her sides, effectively making her giggle.

"Thyst, mommy says to wake you up for breakfast."

"Okay. I'll be right there."

I rose out of bed, walked over to my closet and dressed in my clothes for the day. Once I was done, I jogged down the stairs and walked into the living room to see my little sissy, May, sitting on the floor, playing with her plastic train. I sat on the couch and flipped the TV on and the first thing that I saw was the local news station.

"And breaking news. Bradyn Master, who went missing two years ago and was presumed dead, has recently been located and returned to her family."

I stared at the screen with wide eyes. Did she just show up in the dead of night? Did she know that we looked for her for a year and a half? Did she know about Niall?

Calm down Thyst. She probably just got home. Let her get adjusted once more. God knows what she's been through.

Ending my mental warfare, I moved my gaze over to May, who is still playing with her train.

"Come on May. It's time to eat breakfast." we walked over to the kitchen and sat at the dining table next to my father. Mom came to the table with her arms filled with plates of pancakes, eggs, and bacon.

She placed our plates in front of us and we dug in. For some reason, my mother thinks that having a nice conversation while eating breakfast is a start to a great day. I on the other hand, just want to eat my pancakes.

"So Amethyst. What will you be doing today?" I mentally rolled my eyes. Mother is the only person who calls me by my full first name.

"Well, I'm going to the library to return that book I got last week. I'll stay there for a while to find a new read. Maybe two."

I look at her and she has this burning pride behind her eyes. She always works my accomplishments of reading into any discussion.

"You know, it really is outstanding how quickly you go through books." she complements me. I personally don't see what the big deal is. I can read really fast, so what?

"Yeah well, I'd better be going. I wanna be there as soon as the library opens. See you guys later."

I walked out the door and took the steps two at a time. I tried to focus on my surroundings but I couldn't help but think of my old best friend, Bradyn. We had known each other since as long as the grass has been green. When we found out she was gone, everyone in town pitched in to help the search parties. As time went on, we lost hope of her coming back home. After her "funeral" I wouldn't come out of my room for two weeks straight. It has been in the past few months that I have really started the process of moving on. So to just hear that she's alive after all this time, it still hasn't become real yet.

 By the time I got back in touch with reality, I was standing at the entrance of the library. I shook my head at myself and walked in. I said my greetings to the librarian and walked over to the fiction section where I was all alone. I looked through a couple of books, read some summaries and found three books that I checked out. These ought to be me busy for a while. After all, I literally no friends. Not that I would want any friends. No one can compare to Bradyn. I finished up at the library faster than I thought I would. I decided to go to caffeine's, a cozy, small coffee joint where I work part-time.

I ordered a regular black coffee to go. If I've got the rest of the day to myself, might as well sit under the giant oak tree in the park and start on of these books. As I turned around to leave, I walked straight into someone. It was a girl about my age with blue and pink dyed hair braided into a fishtail and sharp facial features.

"I'm sorry, I turned around so quick that I didn't see you." I apologized. I swear I've never met this girl before, but she seems oddly familiar.

"Thyst?"

"Bradyn, is that you?"

********************************************************************************************************

I really did try to make this chapter longer than the others. So, here you go.