Chapter 7: Bomb fire, Lights, Police?

"Get down lower." Sebastian ordered me. Right now we are currently running from the police. There is about two dozen of them out here. Me and Sebastian had decided to make a run for the car and get the hell out of here but with all the police and other teenagers trying to get around it's simply impossible. Sebastian's car is supposed to be a few blocks off from here but with the whole police guarding the perimeter thing, it's not working as planned. So for the past fifteen minutes we have been running and hiding from them.

"Okay, new plan." Sebastian panted out of breath. He had his palms of his hands rested on his knees. We have been non-stop running. I nodded my head signaling for him to continue to tell me about the new plan since this one is currently failing.

"Put your hands behind your back and turn around!" A office yelled coming out of nowhere. He had a black stick in his hand along with two sets of hand cuffs.

Sebastian standing next to me freezes and looks over at the officer. Me on the other hand is trying to come up with a plan to get out of this. Right now I'm not feeling the best from that soda, I honestly hope nobody spiked it. Since we are only seventeen and not eighteen, we are not supposed to be drinking because we're under aged.

"Run!" Is the only thing Sebastian is able to say before he is shoving my arm signaling me to run. I look at the officer who is now running closer to us. I take off running in the direction of the boardwalk.

After running for about five minutes I reach the same boardwalk I was at a while ago with Leah and Caden. Which right now I could really use help from. My thoughts start to carry off into wondering where they are at and if they had gotten arrested.

I gave up on running and decided to walk. The thing that is so great about this is, it's around midnight so it's dark out. I have a dead cell phone, and I'm all alone just walking on the sidewalk that leads to the boardwalk parking lot. Note the sarcasm.

"Hey there you are!" A familiar voice shouts from behind me. I hear footsteps coming up behind me in a fast pace. I turn around to see Sebastian running up to me. He had some dry blood under his nose.

"Hey, What happened to you?" I pointed to the cut on the left side of his nose. His cheeks were flushed red along with sweat dripping from his forehead. His skinny jeans now had a new hole in the knee along with a rip on the bottom of his shirt.

Sebastian rubbed the back of his neck and looked down at me.
"Well once you ran off I turned around and the officer was a few feet away from me. I was planning on running but I knew if I did they would come for you because you were closer. There was just no way I was letting you get arrested." Sebastian looked away from me then back down at me with a smile.
"So I took care of it." He then added.

"Thanks." I said with a small smile. It was sweet of him to do that for me but it wouldn't be the first time I have been arrested. See one time me and my ex-boyfriend. Well boyfriend at the time was breaking into A convenient store down the street from him. It was around midnight and nobody was around. It was actually pretty stupid to think of it now. But we just wanted some chips and soda but it took a wrong turn from there. Since there was a security alarm it went off and the cops showed up. Well once we were at the police station we had to wait for about two hours until we would be questioned. Then we would wait until we were either bailed or we did a over night in jail. So my sister showed up and bailed us out from there.

"Hey it's around two thirty in the morning so is there anyone you was waiting on at the bomb fire or?" Sebastian asked.

"Well I'm living at my aunts for the summer and my cousin Abbie is the one who brought me to the boardwalk. I was supposed to meet up with Abbie but my phone died and I wasn't able to talk and find out what's happening. So besides her then no." I told him as we started walking into the parking lot.