Chapter 6

AMERICAS POV

Maxon came by my room tonight to escort me to the party. That was sweet. He talked to me about alot of things like how he's excited for the castes to be eliminated. He was so sweet. I was nervous I'm not good at handeling party's maxon could tell because before we walked in he said 

"Don't worry they'll love you. I'll be by your side the whole time."

I nod and he walks me inside to the party where cam music is playing. Someone named steve who was maxons best man walks over with a tall girl on his arm.

"Hi I'm Steve maxons friend you must be america. This is my wife terry" He takes my hand and kisses it.

"I love your cartilage piercing." Steves wife terry comments. I got a piercing after the selection before I had depression with may after we found out she had cancer she always wanted one so we got one together. 

"Thanks." I said returning the gesture. Then maxon pulls me away to meet other people.

The party is finally coming to an end I've danced with every man in this room except for maxon. Until he takes me to the dance floor one last time. 

"I was getting tired of dancing with every woman in this room but the prettiest." Maxon said making me smile.

"Good because I was getting tired of dancing with every man in the room except the handsomest." He smiled. 

"Oh look you can smile. That's a first." I teased while laughing

"And probably a last." Maxon teased back. In that moment I realised I'm in love with maxon schreave. After that I kept my distance because he probably doesn't feel the same. Maxon lead me to the front of the stage and started making an announcement as many of you know Kriss can't produce and heir and I've found someone who's caring compassionate funny and smart, so America will you make me the happiest man on earth and become my wife." Oh shit he didn't warn me about this he didn't even give me a sign.

"Yes." Then we got congradulations and chanpagne and when the party was over maxon led me back to my room.

"What the hell was that? You didn't even think of telling me or warning me? What if I said no?" I said I was mad now.

"I'm sorry I didn't think I'd be important if I did." He said defensley 

"And then you go off and ignore me, and pretend I'm not there. You expect me to be all sweet and yes and then the next thing I know I don't see you for two days. I just want you to love me dammit." The next thing I know he's walking toward me and I'm backing up farther till I hit the wall.

"Do you love me?" He asks with that look in his eyes.

"Yes." I whisper only so he can hear me. Then all I feel are his lips on mine. 

"Good because I love you to.

Maxon mumbled through my hair. He hoisted me up so my legs were wrapped around his waste as he opend his door carring me inside while I'm trailing kisses down his neck.he drops me on the bed and before I know it he's on top of me. Trying to take my dress off.

"Are you sure about this." Maxon asks always making sure I'm safe and comfortable.

"Yes. You" I ask maybe he doesn't want this.

"Positive." With that he starts to undo the buttons on my dress.