The International Pokérental Company

Alice's POV

"Keep those leashes tight, newbie. You never know what kind of things these little monsters will pull off."

I growled as the new employee of the rental company in Kalos walked towards me. He was very young, and shook at the sound of my growl.

"Ignore her, she's just trying to spook ya." The man repeated, also the manager of the building and it's inhabitants.

He was a thin human male who weared formal suits but had a fierce talk, he had his Furfrou pet Riffin keep us in line along with the employees.

The employee walked towards me and grabbed my collar, I snarled viciously and the employee jumped back with a yelp.

"Go take a break, I'll take care of her." The Manager snapped. The employee ran off and both the Manager and his pet were glaring at me.

"Alice." Riffin growled. "Quit being stubborn."

"C'mon darling! It just be a little tighin' of the collar!"

I snarled, in front of the building were us display Pokémon for customers to see. This week I happened to be right next to Limedrop Sweetums, a shiny Swoobat that was constantly rented out and also Riffin's mate.

She acted so kind, it was repulsive...

Riffin looked at her fondly and reached up to loosen her collar. He gave her a lick on the ear and glanced at me as I snarled in annoyance.

"She's up here on display almost every week." I snarled.

"Because I'm one of thee best and sweet shinies this here company has!" Limedrop chirped happily.

I was about to retort when I felt Riffin tightening my leash from behind, I snarled angrily.

"My father would kick your pampered butt if he saw you treating me this poorly." I snapped.

"Too bad he's not on display this week." Riffin chuckled. "People don't have much use for a Rapidash."

Riffin smirked and followed his owner back into the building, his tail high and his trot confident.

"So powerful~" Limedrop sighed dreamily, making me gag.

"He's a pathetic mutt put up on a imaginary pedestal." I hissed, earning a shocked look from Limedrop.

"Darling! He's very ambitious and confident! Do you not like confidence?" Limedrop gasped.

It'd never get to her what I've been trying to say, so I just looked to the right to Hydra the Hydregion and Teddybear the Dragonite, whom were chatting eagerly.

"You heard what the manager said?" Teddybear asked both me and Hydra with a grin. "Renting us will have a discount for Christmas break!"

Oh sweet Mary Mew, I did not like that one bit.

"By how much?" I replied.

"Almost half-price!" Teddybear rejoiced, not noticing my visible wince.

Teddybear was a favorite at the International Pokérental Company, because unlike me, he loved human attention and meeting new people and Pokémon. He was a choice favorite over here and his kindness and humor charmed everybody. I even was good friends with him.

"Hoping you'll reach a rental record?" Hydra asked him.

"Getting rented by four people this season?" Teddybear reminded us. "You bet!"