My Prince

"Do you believe in Fairy Tales? Do you believe in true love and prince charmings?" Those are the questions we usually encounter in small talks and chit chats about love. Surprisingly, there is this one girl who refuses to believe on such nonsense things. But that's about to change when she meets someone she herself could not believe he ever existed.

                                             CHAPTER I - The Meeting

  "Ping!" the toaster rang as the smell of toasted bread spread throughout the entire house.

  A little girl rushed up the stairs and dashed through the bedroom door. "Onee, Wake up! Or you're going to be late on your first day of classes!" She shouted while shaking a brunette girl wrapped with a blanket, who apparently is still in her slumber.

  "Hmn..." the girl groaned as she shifted, facing the other side of the bed, showing a bit of resistance from her little sister's words.

  "Whatever! I'm telling mom! Its already 6:45am you know!" said the little girl as she went out, slamming the door shut.

  After hearing the time "6:45am" from her sister, she quickly got up, her eyes widened after hearing such dreadful information. She quickly took a bath and changed. She rushed down to the stairs and snatched a fresh toast on the table. "I'm going!" She said, putting her shoes on.

  "Take care honey." her mom smiled, wiping her teardrops while seeing her grown up daughter going out, wearing a highschool uniform.

  "I'm Kai Matsuzaki...And I am now a freshman! WOOHOO!" She shouted, swaying her bag while happily skipping through the busy streets of the city. But before she could reach the school's pedestrian lane near the corner of the street beside the stop light, she accidentally hit a tall young man with her bag.

  "Watch it miss." the young, dark blue haired man whispered to Kai. He then rushed towards the other side of the pedestrian lane. He was wearing the same school uniform as Kai's.

  She picked up her bag and couldn't take her eyes off the young man. "He's somehow, weirdly familiar..." Kai said with a bit of confusion on her face. She was surprised on how the young man appeared very familiar to her.

  She shook her head and continued crossing the street. She reached the school gate and quickly went in. She looked at the bulletin board, searching her name, wondering what section she might be in.

  "Section A-1! Not bad!" She giggled and then quickly went up the staircase to look for her room.

  She passed many rooms and somehow managed to reach her room right in time before the bell rang. "A-1! This is my sec--" She suddenly stopped and stood still as she felt a heavy palm resting on her left shoulder. She took a quick look and found herself standing in front of her class adviser! He was young looking, wearing a black suit with bright orange hair. "Take your sit miss..." He looked up on his record. "Miss Matsuzaki." He said with a bit of a glare on his eyes.

  "Y-yes! Right away sir!" She quickly turned to a vacant seat at the back row near the window.

  "Ryuuya Hyuuga, that's my name! Remember it!" he said writing his name swiftly on the chalkboard. "You can call me Hyuuga-sensei." He added. "I bet some of you already know who I am..." He shared a piece of his background stories of being a famous actor.

  Kai still couldn't help but wonder about what happened earlier at the corner of the street, before the pedestrian lane where he met someone who's pretty familiar to her. She glanced at her new classmates hoping to find someone if not an acquaintance, but at least with a pleasing appearance for her to easily approach and make friends with.

  Then, on her right, just a few inches away, her eyes widened and her jaw dropped when she saw the young man sitting beside her who happened to be the one that was hit by her earlier. Their eyes met., facing one another with a surprised look on their faces.

  "WHAAAT?!" She screamed.

[To be continued...]