Chapter II

CHAPTER I - Awkward Partners

  "Miss Matsuzaki...Would you mind sharing your conversation with Mister Ichinose to us?" Hyuuga-sensei furiously called their attention.

"Ah! It was nothing sir. I just thought I saw a roach under my desk...That's all" Kai immediately replied. The young, dark blue-haired man was confused. Out of embarrassment, he faced the other way instead.

  "Well then...since the two of you caught my attention, including the rest of the class, you will be the first to be paired." Hyuuga-sensei abruptly decided.

  "WHAT?!" The two shouted. "Minna-san, Moushiagemasu, you are enrolled in this school for a purpose." Hyuuga-sensei started explaining. "Every student here will be paired. And your partnership will be permanent until graduation. This is not an ordinary school. People who graduate here, become famous composers and idols." But before Hyuuga-sensei could finish explaining, there was a faint laugh coming from the outside of the window.

  All of the students, including Hyuuga-sensei, turned their attention to the noise outside, through the window.  Then came a man crashing in. He was smiling widely with his shades shining and he had a bit of a golden lock along with the rest of his hair. He posed and laughed loudly. The students were all shocked except for Hyuuga-sensei. It was as if he already knew the crazy man standing before his class.

  "GOHOHO! That is right, Hyuuga-sensei!" He spoke. "Students being paired up and becoming successful composers or famous idols are one of the main goals of this school. Many earned their titles not because of fame alone, nor money. They became successful because of their music, the happiness they share with it to the people. That's what it's all about! GOHOHO!" He explained. "BUT...Sad to say, LOVE is forbidden in this school." He nodded.

  Some of the students were disappointed when they heard that love is forbidden in the school. But Kai was rather excited, unaware that she was paired with someone immediately without her concern. This is what she's been dreaming of since she was little. And now, she wants to grasp every opportunity that comes in her way, disregarding trivial matters such as love.

  "Excuse me sir..." One of Kai's classmate raised his hand. "Thank you for the brief information, but we'd like to know who you are." He asked.

  "GOHOHOHOHO!" He laughed and tossed himself like a gymnast around the classroom. "I AM...JEIMIZU SATA! Your head principal! You can just call me, Gakuenchou and I will be seeing you all real soon..." He suddenly popped harmless but colorful smoke bombs to where he was standing and suddenly vanished without even leaving a single trace. The students were stunned with a surprised and a bit of an amazed look on their faces.

  "That's Gakuenchou alright." Hyuuga-sensei laughed. "Alright...Let's get this pairing business done" He continued pairing the whole class, dividing the composers and idols. Kai was still a bit embarrassed and wouldn't face her partner.

  Hyuuga-sensei sighed. "Okay class! So we're done. Any questions?" He asked. Then the bell rang just in time for lunch. "Already?" He said. "Okay, everyone go and take your lunch. For the mean time, I will be giving you the whole afternoon to get used to your partners and discuss your first song assignment." He added.

  "What? Oh man..." The whole classe groaned and complained.

  Before the young dark blue-haired man could reach the door, he noticed that Kai was still on her seat looking through the window.  He wanted to go ahead, but instead, he started walking towards her through the empty seats. He bent a little and tapped her shoulder.

  "Hey..."

[ To be continued... ]