2. The Tour

Once I quickly caught up with Newt I couldn't stop. I slid right on the wet grass wich meant it probably rained last night.

I crashed into Newt and we tumbled on the ground. He landed on top of me and I blushed along with him.

"S-sorry." I whispered.

"It's fine. Nobody's looking" he said getting up and winking at me.

I smiled. And he smiled back so I stopped myself and turned my face into a glare.

"What's wrong?" He asked.

I didn't answer. I basically stayed mute.

"Yoohoo? Did you hear me? I said what's wrong?"

I sighed then turned to look at him.

"Everything. I don't remember anything but my name. Everybody here is a boy. We're trapped in a, square. I don't even remember what I look like!" I exclaimed.

He just smirked.

"Well. Everybody here had the same problem as you. You see that man over there." Newt said pointing to a black man talking to Gally.

"That's Alby. You see that box you arrived in comes up every month. Only once though. We thought it was weird you came up because we just got someone knew. One of my closest friends right now. His name is Thomas." He stopped and pointed to a tall man with black hair.

Thomas was kinda cute.

"Now you see. Some one had to have spent 3 months in the Glade all by themselves, trying to survive. That man was Alby" Newt explained.

"Wow." Was all I could say.

"Wow is right."

We kept walking and then while Newt was blabbing on, I saw Minho and another man standing by the maze doors. I watched as the grind rumbled and the maze doors opened making me stop in my tracks. That's when I watched carefully as Minho and the other man ran in.

"What are they doing!" I gasped.

Newt laughed behind me.

"Didn't you hear a word I said? Those are the runners. Every morning they get up and run through that bloody maze trying to find a way out. Theu have to hurry though."

I wondered for a moment.

"Why do they have to hurry. What's the rush?" I asked.

All the sudden, a loud death defining screech came from the maze.

"What.Was.That" I asked, my eyes wide with fear.

"Now. That was what we call a greiver. Nobody has ever seen one cause nobody has came back alive from seeing those beasts to tell the tale. If you don't make it out of the maze in time, your stuck in the maze with those bloody creatures for the night."

I shivered with fear.

"Sorry to scare ya Greenie." He laughed.

"My name is Y/N" I mumbled.

"Gosh sorry." He laughed again.

I rolled my eyes.

Me and Newt walked around the Glade and he explained to me all the jobs such as med-jacks, track hoes, runners, cooks. Stuff like that.

"So green-"

I gave him a death stare.

"I mean Y/N. You decided what you wanna be."

Isn't it obvious?

"I wanna be a runner."

He glared at me.