4. Someone to laugh with

I awoke quickly and gazed at my surroundings. The strong smell of medicine. The wet cloth stained with blood on the wooden table next to me. The throbbing pain on my head. I groaned in pain.

"Woah greenie. Don't move to fast.." I glanced over to see none other then Newt. But their was someone next to him.

"I think I'm gonna leave now.." the aisian looking man said.

"Okay. Bye Minho." Newt waved bye.

That's right. His names Minho.

I fought myself to keep my eyes open.

"What happened.." I coughed.

A frown spread on his face.

"Gally happened" he muttered.

All I could say was "oh."

I shifted uncomfortably.

"When do you want me to work.."

Newt gazed at me.

"Not for a while. You need to mend."

"Nononono. I feel fine."

I tried to sit up but winced in pain.

Don't show him pain...

I forced myself up.

"Hey. Lay down. You need it Y/N. We can't risk it. The more healed the more energy."

I shook my head.

"No, Newt. I'm fine."

He smirked.

"Really? Fine then. Stand up."

I smirked.

"Your on."

I placed my hands underneath me and gave a huge push. I almost cried in pain but showed no struggle and stood up using all the energy I had. Then I puffed my chest out and lifted my head when I got up, even though it hurt.

I saw him roll his eyes.

"Cmon. Give in." I smirked.

"Fine. I guess if your okay. I'm sorry it's just that I don't want you getting hurt.." his face turned red.

"Thank you. By the way, Is your face sunburnt? It's awfully red." I said in a British accent making him laugh.

I felt a wave of happiness hit me at Making him laugh.

"I will see you at there in 15 minutes hopefully." He said a smile forcing to stay hidden.

"Oh you'll see me in 15 minutes. That's a deal."

He smiled and shook his head.

"Your a toughy who doesn't give up."

I nodded proudly making him laugh a little.

"Okay. Cya soon." He said walking out the door.

"Bye."

Right when he walked out the door I wobbled to the place where my bed was wich is called the HomeStead.

Once I got there I digged in my chest where I kept my clothes. I quickly slipped on a brown tang top and some ripped scream colored jeans that I arrived in when I first came to the glade.

I pulled my hair into a french braid and wrapped a brown leather belt around my pants. Then I quickly slid on some black boots.

I let the cool breeze hit me gently and the sun shine of my face. I smiled but winced when I stretched in the sun. My stumach still hurt but I didn't want to show it.

I started walking to the garden but before I could a body landed on top of me.

"Oof!" We both said.

I turned around as the grass tickled my back and saw who it was.

"Hey Newt. You like the feeling of the floor. I'm sure enjoying it. NOT" I grumbled.

He just started laughing.

I hardly even noticed he was laying on me until Minho whistled at us and everyone was like "ooohhh."

We both blushed and I jumped up and then held my stumach in pain.

"Sorry Y/N. I was playing sting (tag) with chuck."

I rolled my eyes.

"Childish much." I laughed and punched him in the shoulder.

"Ouchey." He said in a childish voice.

"Should I go get you a bandaid." I whispered and we both laughed.

Newt all the sudden screeched making me jump.

I laughed as Chuck fell over laughing.

"Your it.. ahaha!... I...Cant...Breath!" Said chuck.

I smiled at the young boy.

"Sorry little shank, but I gotta do bloody work with this shuck." He said pointing at me.

That's when I tackled him to the ground.

"What did you call me?" I laughed and gazed at his smiling face.

"A shank" he said and tickled me.

I burst out laughing tears and rolled on the grass as he tickled me and Chuck jumped on him like he was fighting a beast.

"Ehem..." a cough sounded above us.

We all gazed up at Alby, glaring at us.

I looked at them and noticed how ridiculous we all looked.

Chuck was on Newts back, wrapping onto him like a sloth on a branch. Newt was laying on me his fingers on my stumach and my hand was smushing his face.

"What kind of work is this?" Alby said in a deep voice.

"A fun work." Newt replied.

I grunted a laugh in my mouth trying not to burst out laughing. Chuck couldn't stand it anymore. He rolled off of Newt laughing hysterically. I started laughing to, making Newt smile.

"Do I need to punish you. What's the rule. You must work or your putting the group to shame." Alby hissed.

"Aww Cmon Alby. It was just a little game." I said innocent.

His gaze swept at me and he gave me an eagle eye stare and I stood up.

"Sorry sir." Chuck said quietly and I helped Newt up.

"Good. Now get to work." Alby commanded.

Me and Newt walked off to the track as Chuck went to help the cook, Frypan.

I felt Newts hand brush against mine and I thought he was going to jump away but he didn't.

I felt a finger on my hand and glanced down to see Newt trying to hold my hand. I responded by doing the same. When we almost linked hands, a scream came from behind us. We turned around to see one of the runners, dragging Minho on his back.

"Minho!" Newt shouted, running to see him.

I followed closely behind.

When we arrived we layed Minho on the ground and blood streaked his face.

"I don't know what happened!" The runner yelled.

"One minute I was searching section 3. Next minute Minho screams."

"It's okay Ben" Newt resured him.

But was it?