Chapter 4: Favors

"Excuse me? I am here to see Oliver Queen. " I tell the very tall, African American man, guarding a door in a room outside Oliver's office.
"What is your name?" he asks, staring down at her, no expression on his face.
"Felicity Smoak. From the IT department." I say, like he should know who I am, I mean, I am highest ranked down there, and a lot of people don't give me enough credit, but I am also probably the most hard-working and smartest, and most stressed because everybody throws work at me like I am some how supposed to juggle it along with all the other problems in my li.. my thoughts are interrupted by a young, but familiar voice. Hmm.. where has this happened before? "It's okay, she is with me" the man steps out of the way as Oliver greets me. "Oliver, I transferred the information from the laptop you gave me to this flash drive." I pull out the flash drive from my pocket and hand it to him. He takes it and smiles at me. "Felicity, your remarkable." We get lost in each other's eyes for a couple seconds. I like it when he says my name and not Ms. Smoak. It makes me feel like he thinks we are more than just acquaintances. And wait, did he just compliment me?!
The Oliver Queen gave me a compliment! Play it cool Felicity. "Thank you for remarking on it." I smile at him. Phew okay. I don't think that was as embarrassing as something I would normally say. Then I see a smile creep up on his face. Great. It was embarrassing. He is laughing at me. Way to go. Again.
Alright, time to leave. "I should go." Comes out of my mouth. The smile on his face disappears and turns into a straight line, showing concern. "Okay." He says, scratching the back of his head. As I start to walk out of the room, he touches my shoulder. "Wait." I turn around, confused and give him a questioning look. "Yes?" He looks down. "I have to tell you something."