When it Happened *1*

As I heard the crowd start chanting my name, I knew I had better get my ass out on stage.

Crystal my hair and make-up stylist, who also happened to be my only friend, gave me the thumbs up and said I was good to go.

"POPPY!"

"POPPY!"

"POPPY!"

As I hear the oh so familiar name, I begin my famous routine of me waving as I strut onto the stage. As I hear the full stadium erupt with cheers and screaming teenage girls, I remember why I love performing so much.

**************

You see, my name isn't Poppy. And only my family and I know this. Well, of course there is all that birth certificate junk. Oh and we can't forget secret government people who stalk me because their teenage daughters are obsessed with me. Yes I know all about them.

Back to the point. My stage name is Poppy while my real name, or birth name is Rebecca. Why my parents gave me the world's most boring and un unique name, I will never know. Out of my whole seventeen years on this earth, well scratch that, ever since I've been able to speak and know my name I have wondered that exact thing. I mean who names their kid Rebecca!

Everyone who knows my big secret about my name, and I mean everyone, has asked me how in the world I got the name Poppy from Rebecca. And the answer is simple. I didn't.

**************

After my about four hour long concert wrapped up with my biggest hit yet, I immediately ran to Crystal who handed me a water. This started to become a habit. Crystal would stick around backstage instead of going to the hotel, to watch my performance and then afterwards hand me a water.

The second the water bottle touched my hand I had the cap off and started to sip it slowly.

Once I managed to get the cap back on I finally looked at Crystal, ready to thank her for the water, when I noticed her face. The look I recognized, but dreaded. I knew what she would say if I asked, but I asked it anyways.

"Crystal... please don't tell me what I think you're about to say."

With a frown she responded, "Sadly, yes it is what you think. Your parents are here."

**Hey what do you think? Not a bad first chapter right?

Do you guys think its too short? Its around 500 words, but that's including this authors note thingy.

Please tell me what you think! I would love to know what you guys think, good or bad!

Thanks for reading! Catch ya next update!**