Part 6

"Ellen thanks for listening. It made me feel better. Thanks a lot." she stood up from her place and went over to me, giving me a warm hug. Just then the door opened, and in came Chris and John. When Chris saw us, I knew he recognized Kim even with her back turned. We stood up and when Kim turned around, her eyes practically burst out from their sockets.

I approached them, pulling Kim by the hand towards the two men. "Chris, my cousin," when I said this, Chris stopped staring at Kim and gave me a what-the-hell-is-happening? look. I continued. "Kim's here, my cousin." And then I hugged him and I whispered into his ear 'I'll explain later.'

When I pulled away, Kim literally jumped into Chris's arms and never have I seen Chris smile like that in all our two years. I felt happy for them, sadness and anger no longer consuming me.

"Oh my God! Chris, you're here! It's true; you're here with me again!"

"Kim!"

They both said at the same time. They stared into each other's eyes, having a world of their own and just they were about to kiss, John cleared his throat.

"Ehem, ehem. It's great; you finally have each other, but Kim. Why don't you bring Tam here? So that he may meet his father."

When he said this, Kim looked reluctant and after a few seconds of thought, she beamed at Chris.

"Oh, yes! I'll bring Tam here, you'll finally meet him. Tam's been waiting for his father for a long long while. I'll be back, Chris. Promise me you won't leave. Please..."

"I won't leave, Kim. I won't...I'll still be here when you return with our son."

With that, Kim rushed out of the door, turned around and blew a kiss towards Chris and skipped off merrily to fetch her son.

I turned towards Chris and tapped him on his shoulder, snapping him out of his dreamy state.

"What? Oh, uhm, Ellen. What was that about? Calling me your cousin?" he asked me.

"Kim was here for about 30 minutes before you arrived. She told me her story and I admire her fiercely. Don't worry, I told her that I was your cousin. She's been through so much pain and I don't want to add more to that." I smiled at him and pulled him in a hug. I'm gonna miss this man. I love him and I'm doing this for him, so he could be happy with his family.

"Chris, there's only one thing I want you to do, okay? Do this for me: Finish your story with Kim with a happy ending. Love her with all your heart and love your son as much as you love Kim. I, myself, already grew to love the girl. Don't hurt her, okay? Or else you're gonna get a good slapping session from me." I chuckled as I whispered this into his ear. He pulled back and I can see joy radiating out of his body.

"You don't know how happy you've made me, Ellen. I loved you, I really did."

"No, you didn't love me. You just liked me but not enough to love me."

"I'm sorry, Ellen."

"Don't be. Anyways, I'll be packing my things and you should do the same for yours. We'll be leaving tomorrow and when we reach America, I'll be going on a separate way. I'm sure I'm bound to find the man perfect for me." I told him and made way to our room. This night, for the mean time, I'll be sleeping on the pull out couch.

After 15 minutes of packing, Kim burst into the door carrying a small child.

"Chris, John, Ellen, come meet Tam!" she proudly showed us her three-year-old son, while the child obviously doesn't understand what's going on.

Kim set Tam on the ground and the child ran and hid behind Kim. Chris and I stepped forward to see the boy and John sat on the couch, smiling smugly. The boy peeked shyly at us and soon, he stepped forward, giving us a little smile. Tam looked a lot like Chris, except for his eyes, hair and skin colour. He got Kim's beautiful eyes.

"Hey there, buddy. It's me, your father. I'm your dad." I laughed at Chris's awkwardness as he stretched out his arms, welcoming the child.

Tam ran to his arms and hugged him; obviously he got his mother's personality.

"Daddy! Mommy told me that I'd meet you, and it's true!"

"Hi, Tam. I'm your auntie Ellen. I was just baking, would you like some cupcakes?" I offered the child. Just like with Kim, I fell in love with Tam instantly.

"Cupcakes? Uhm, I don't know what those are." He told me shyly. I think he's ashamed that he doesn't know what cupcakes are. My heart felt a tinge of pain. What child doesn't know what cupcakes are? And then I remembered: he grew up in a world different than mine. I smiled at him and lead him to the small kitchen of our hotel room. When he tasted the cupcakes, he declared them to be the "goodest thing I've ever tasted." I smiled at the innocence and brightness of Tam. He got that from his mother; even at the age of 3, he was a very smart boy.