A Happy Spring

* * *

This is a Your Lie in April fan fiction/short story. It is set years after Kaori's death.

I don't own the characters of this story and all credits goes to Naoshi Arakawa, writer of YLIA.

The game "Piano Tiles 2" isn't mine as well, and credits goes to CheetahMobile. It's the best game for 2015 and be sure to check it out!

This story is also at fanfiction.net. Look for user @/sassyvampirequeen and see its works.

Thank you~

* * *

Spring is indeed Kousei's favorite season.

Four years ago, this season changed his monochromatic and depressing life to something colorful and mesmerizing. He loved how the flowers bloom; the temperature that is neither too low or too high; the birds chirping and flying around; and the kids playing with bright smiles etched on their faces. Spring reminds him of a lot of things. It reminds him of the most beautiful thing that happened to his life.

And that is meeting her.

Everything in this day seems perfect.

Kousei placed his hand on his pocket as he walked, going to a famous concert hall to watch a piano and violin concert. The best adult pianists and violinists all over the country would be gathering in the hall to play and that is something that he cannot miss, as a musician.

Entering the hall, the young pianist looked for a seat to take at the middle part. His eyes happened to pass at a boy with blond, spiky hair, causing a soft gasp to escape in his lips.

It's his rival, when it comes to piano competitions; Takeshi Aiza. Huh, of course, a pianist like him would be attending such thing.

"Arima-senpai!"

Next to him, Nagi is seated. Takeshi turned his head and saw him.

"Arima," the older Aiza muttered.

Kousei walked a little and decided to sit beside Takeshi, "Hey."

Takeshi blinked. Did Arima really just talked to him? "Uh, hey."

This was indeed very awkward.

"Arima-senpai, it's been a long time!" Nagi grinned.

"Yeah. You've grown a lot, Nagi," Arima smiled.

Takeshi suddenly looked at him, "Hey! What are you doing? Are you hitting on my sister?!"

"Wha-? I was just-"

"You're obviously flirting!"

"N-no! I--"

"Arima. Takeshi." A matured-looking girl who is wearing a calm expression sat beside Arima. The two boys widened their eyes.

"Emi?!"

The three started to have some conversation, which is mostly just Arima and Emi teasing Takeshi. All of them wore a happy expression with laughter escaping their lips from time to time.

"Ugggghh," Takeshi sighed and glanced at his watched, "22 more minutes, guys."

"And that reminds me. Have you guys heard of the game called Piano Tiles 2?" Emi asked.

"Whaaaaat? Piano Tiles already has a sequel?" Takeshi asked.

"Yeah. Here," Emi took out her phone and clicked on the app, "It's pretty nice. You can pick on the music that you want and you'll play it, just like Don't Tap The White Tiles. There are some added features like the long tap and many tap."