Chapter 12 - I Won't Ever Let You Drown

Dedication to bloomingcrazy :)

You are an incredibly kind person and one of the best writers on Wattpad, no joke! I'm going to make this 'complimenting your writing' segment quick because you and I both know that I already leave five-long-paragraph comments, on practically every single chapter of your stories. x

Thank you for the dedication in Still the One!! It still means so much to me :') I LOVE YOU TO BITS AND PIECES x :)

 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter 12 - I Won't Ever Let You Drown

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kat's POV

"Hold you breath. It tastes different if you hold your breath."

I poked the plate of white mush in front of me, this had to be some kind of joke. We weren't actually expected to eat this blob, allegedly 'mashed potatoes', were we? 

Everyone else in the dining hall had either already grudgingly finished the contents on their plate, or were chatting with each other mindlessly trying to contain their hunger. But I already knew that tomorrow would be a day filled to the brim with physical activity; if I didn't eat and chose to do the latter, there would be no way to even think about surviving. Plus, I had a long night of playing dishwasher ahead of me. Everyone had better eat cleanly for their own sake. If I couldn't scrub a stain off, it was just going to be there for the servings of breakfast too.

Still consumed in the fictitious battle I was currently at about eating the food, I reluctantly shoved a spoonful of the aliment into my mouth whilst pinching my nose, much to Jessie's advice. Immediately I drank the entire glass of water placed in front of me. "Yeah, you're right. It does taste different, it tastes worse."  

Just as I was about to push my ceramic plate of food away from me, I let out one quiet, unforeseen, sneeze; at the same time that the conversations in the hall seemed to fall into a lull. 

And that was all it took, for Harry to whip his head around at me from the other side of the room where he was with his usual group, give me a wide eyed glare, and start wandering towards me from his place.

"You need to change." He stated straightforwardly as he lent me an outstretched hand to help me up, but I pushed it away with a huff.

"What I need is better food. What do you mean I need to change?" Picking up the tray of half eaten dinner, I padded over to the trash cans. The shadow beside me proved that Harry was following. The prick. I purposely jutted my elbow into his stomach sharply, as I slid the contents of the plate into the garbage bag and placed the tray as well as the plate in the pile of dirty dishes, and utensils.

He responded to the action with a mere grunt. Less pain was afflicted on him than I had hoped, and for that, I groaned silently. I walked back to the table wanting him to get the message. However when I got to my seat, he was still in tow.

"You're going to get sick wearing those wet clothes." He ran a hand through his hair and left it limply by his side. I stared into his eyes, he actually was concerned, but he didn't have to be. I didn't need his concern. I ignored him and faced my friends who had remained seated. "Jeez, stop being such a stubborn arse Kat, go!" His voice began to raise with annoyance. Well good. Then that made two of us.

After a minute of silence, he spoke up again. "Bloody hell," He mumbled. "If you don't get up right now, I will do something stupid."

"Fine. Do something stupid. See if I care." I snorted the last part under my breath.