Chapter 4: Bottom Of This

(BIGBY'S POV)

Goddammit! God-fucking-dammit!! I paced my way out of the Business Office and all the way to the elevator in irritation. I could never get a rest, could I? I pressed the button and rushed inside once the elevator opened. I pressed the button to the first floor of the Woodlands and crossed my arms. I needed to get down there quickly. We couldn't afford to have another death in Fabletown; not after we barely recovered after Faith and Lily's. The elevator reached its destination and opened its doors up. I walked out and paced my way out of the Woodlands. I heard the usual small snores as I walked out. I stopped myself for a second. Where could those Tweedles even be? I thought. To be honest, that lair or whatever looked a bit familiar, but I just can't place it. It looked destroyed but with sort of a half-ass patch job done to it. I couldn't just go off into a random direction and not get anything from it. I'd be wasting my time. I pondered what my next move was in front of the Woodland Luxury (lmao) Apartments.

(A FEW DAYS AGO)

(NO POV)

"Hmm...," Auntie Greenleaf hummed, looking at all her bookshelves. "Why do I have so many books...," she mumbled. She continued to hum a tune to an old song as she looked around at her numerous collections of books. The witch heard a loud sqwark; breaking her attention (ITS FETTY WAY HOLY SHIT ITS FETTY WAP EVERYONE HIDE). Greenleaf turned around and walked towards the black bird in the cage with a smirk. She crouched down to the bird's level and sighed. "What's wrong, 'Crooked Bird'?" She chuckled. He sqwarked again. Auntie Greenleaf shook her head and chuckled. She went over to her crafting table (yknow that table where she had the glamour tubes n shit and where she carves her trinkets you know what you know what im talking about) and grabbed the small bag of bird food (LMFAO). She walked back over to the small cage that held the bird and shook some of the bird food into her hand. "Hungry?" She inquired. Auntie Greenleaf moved her hand closer to the "Crooked Bird" but was quickly bit by him. "Ow!" She shook her hand roughly to ease the pain. "Seems like you're not hungry." The bird sqwarked in anger and poked its beak out as far as it could. Greenleaf, being too focused on her aching hand, didn't notice the bird pushing the bag roughly at of her hand. "Agh! Oh, sweet mercy..," she muttered in annoyance as she looked down at the spilled bag of bird seed on the ground. Greenleaf sighed and looked back at the bird. "Stay right here," she said as she walked over to her door. Gonna have to get more of that, she thought. Greenleaf walked out of her apartment and shut the door behind her. "Finally. The witch is gone...," the bird sighed. "I only have a limited time to make my escape...." He felt the need; the urge to get out of the cage and to claim what he thought was his once and for all. How was he going to pursue this goal as a scrawny bird? They'd make a mockery of him! He looked over at Greenleaf's crafting table and sqwarked. "Now how am I going to reel myself over there?" He asked himself. He looked down at his wings and smirked as an idea shun upon him. "Ah yes.." He started to flap his wings as he developed wind power and flew him and his cage all the way to her crafting table. "Now I must find a glamour to change me into who I was before..," he thought out loud.

(PRESENT)

(BIGBY'S POV)

I rushed back into the Woodlands and went to the elevator. I pushed the button to the floor of the Business Office and quickly got in as soon as the doors opened. The elevator closed and began its way up. I rubbed my temples in fatigue. The elevator doors opened at its halt and I power walked my way out of it. I busted through the Business Office and was met by that beautiful pale face I adored. "Sheriff? What seems to be the problem?" Snow asked (that heart is soooo coldd). I didn't answer. I went to the mirror and sighed. "Mirror, I need you for a sec," I said. His green head popped up as he looked at me with a smirk. "Sheriff, what do you need this time? I can grant you assistance if you speak in rhyme," he said (AYYYY). "I really don't have time for this shit." The Magic Mirror sighed. "Fine. Of which Fable do you wish to know?" "Just show me the location of the Crooked Man!" "The Crooked Man?!" Snow inquired, walking up to me. "What does he have to do with this?" "Just a hunch," I replied. The mirror's head disappeared a displayed a metal door. It looked the same as the one back at Sheppard Metalworks, except it had his symbol imprinted on it. It faded away and appeared at a different door. This time it appeared at a wooden door. "Wait...that must be the door to the Lucky Pawn...," I muttered. Snow looked at me questionably. I hauled my ass out of the Business Office before anyone could say a word. I needed to get down there before the door moved.