A meal

"Do you honestly think you'll get far Alex?" Jared asked.

"You don't know till you try right?" He replied.

Jared was Alex's best friend,well closest friend. His best friend was Mia even though she's gone it felt like she was still there.

"Alex you are going crazy. You can't run away." Lea said. She gave Alex a worried look. She was always worried about him. Alex knew she liked him but he didn't quite feel the same and she knew that.

"I get it Lea you don't believe I could do it." He frowned.

"You and I both know that's not what I'm saying. I do think you can do it that's why I'm telling you not to." She smiled and punched Jared's arm.

Jared was trying to steal her pudding. Lea always had money, she was rich so she was always buying pudding and snacks. Yet she's so fucking skinny!

"Cmon Lea I've been craving pudding for like ever!" Jared begged. He reached for it again and Lea's palm smacked the back of his hand.

"I gave you my pudding yesterday!" She argued.

Alex rolled his eyes and poked his dry chicken. The dinosaurs were alive before they cooked this thing. He thought to himself.

"Alex?!?" Jared yelled waving a hand in front of his face.

"Huh? What?" Alex looked around at him then to Lea who was giving him a sideways glance.

Jared rolled his eyes. "What were you thinking about this time? Ms. Smoochy I'm guessing?" he puckered his lips and made kissing noises.

Lea smacked his mouth making him jump back in his chair he groaned in pain.

"Ow!" He yelled at her.

"No. I wasn't thinking about her and her name is Mia and she's my sister!" He replyed.

He lowered his head and continued looking at his chicken. It was all dried up and looked dead it reminded him if himself.

"Look I'm sorry bro." Jared said, "Special first bump?"

Alex caved in. He high fived Jared's fist with his and slapped his shoulder the same time Jared slapped his.

His friends could be annoying, but they were nice and made him feel like he was at home.

"Look okay she was pretty cool, but she's gone now so it doesn't matter." Alex said sinking back into his chair.

Lea slidded her pudding across the table to him. He looked at her and she smiled, he did the same.

"So your actually thinking of running away huh?" She asked.

He nodded, "Im just tired of living under well 'her' roof. I can't stay there anymore knowing my mom's once perfect house is now taken by my step mother and now my house is to perfect."

"I get it. If I had your life I would've been gone a long time ago." She smiled a little to make him feel better.

He smiled back. Jared was to busy mixing his milk in with his mashed potatoes to notice the heart warming moment.

"Hey? Jared!" Alex waved his hand in front of his face.

"Huh? What? I'm Alex I'm just playing with my food." He said.

"That's not how I sound and I ain't that stupid to mix milk with mashed potatoes ya know why?"

"Why?"

"I dare you to eat it!" Lea chimed in.

Alex smirked. "That's why."

Jared stared at his food in disgust. He should've known this was going to happen.

"Are you flipping kidding me!!!" He asked.

"Nupe!" Lea answered, "eat it! Eat it! Eat it!"

Alex cheered on with her. Jared gave them the 'I hate you so much right now' face. He picked up his spork. I don't understand the spork why??? Its a fork and a spoon?? Whaaaaaaat???

Jared dug his spork into his revolting creation. He made a noise as his spoon hit the bottom of the bowl.

"You guys this isn't funny!" Jared said. They just smiled at him anticipating him to continue with the journey.

Jared lifted up his mashed milk thing whatever he was proud to call it. He held it close to his mouth struggling to actually shove it in. Lea smacked the spork into his face and the mashed milk went into his mouth and half way on his lip.

He held it in for a little bit. Alex and Lea laughed and Jared spout out all the stuff in his mouth.

"Gross!!" Lea yelled.

"It's your fault you made me eat it!" He quickly grabbed his water bottle and chugged it down. Then he took Alex's water too and did the same.

"Haha dumbass!" Alex yelled at him.

Alex's phone vibrated. He jumped up.

"Who could be texting you? Me and Lea are right here." Jared asked.

"I don't know it says unknown." He scrolled through his contacts searching for the number. Nothing. Not even any number that remotely looked like it. In fact it had to many number. It had exactly 13 numbers.

"What's the number?" Lea asked, "Maybe its someone we know trying to reach you and get a hold of us."

"Its 098-765-432-100." Alex answered.

"That's not even a number Alex you must of read it wrong or your phones messed up." Jared said.

The bell rang.

"Sorry Alex you know what that means." Lea told him.

Yeah he knew. The final bell of school. Free period at least for him he had already passed all his math classes and didn't need to take anymore.

He sagged in his chair and looked up the blank ceiling.

"Ugggggggh." He yelled. Lea and Jared got up and grabbed their back packs.

"We'll be back just finish eating its only a half hour you'll be fine." Lea told him.

With that they were gone.