Chapter Eleven

"I got your picture, I'm coming with you, dear Maria count me in. There's a story at the bottom of this bottle and I'm the pen." I sang in my basement with my friends. Jasper was on the guitar, Matt on the bass, and Sam on the drums. We'd played occasionally for a while as a band, but now we were getting serious.

"Damn." A voice from behind said as we finished. "Vic, if she wasn't your girl then I'd-"

"Shut it." Vic and Alex Gaskarth were standing behind me.

"Hey, Alex. What were you saying?" I grinned, dropping the microphone.

"I said that if you weren't doing Vic, then I'd take you back upstairs and-"

"Stop flirting with my lady." Vic glared at him.

"I can't help it. She's a dime, and now she's singing songs that I wrote? Damn." Alex repeated.

I giggled and Vic smacked him. "Hi, Vic." I smiled.

"Hi, Jesy. Guess what we're doing tonight?" He asked.

"What?"

"We're going on a date." He said.

"Yeah? You know how that usually works? You take a girl on a few dates, then call her your girlfriend." I bantered.

"I can't help it that I just I love to call you my girlfriend." He shrugged, kissing my cheek. "I was going to take you to lunch with your new boyfriend," he jerked his thumb to Alex, "but I see you're having a jam session. Pick you up at seven, babe." He kissed my lips and left. I looked at Alex.

"Oh, right. Keep up the good work. Like your song choice. Like your face." He followed Vic out.

"I still can't believe you and Vic are a thing." Sam shook his head.

"Believe it, buddy boy. He's my man." I smirked.

"You're a celebrity, you know? You model, your grandma is a legend, you're friends with Austin Carlile and Alex Gaskarth and Jack Barakat and Kellin Quinn and Mike Fuentes and Alan Ashby and-"

"I get it, Jas." I laughed. "What song do you guys want to do?"

"I guess let's get ready for tonight's gig." Matt said.

"I completely forgot! Yikes!" I texted Vic, who said he'd be there with all his friends. Cool.

"You guys be cool tonight because Vic's bringing his friends. Act natural." I warned as we set up at the venue. It was our biggest show yet; two thousand people. We were just starting out so we weren't big yet. People started filing in as we set up on stage.

"Jesy! We love you!" Several high voices yelled. I looked into the crowd and saw Austin, Tony, Vic, Alex, Jack, Rian, and Oli waving at me. I grinned, waving.

"Wow." I said into the microphone. "There's so many people here tonight! I guess let's do this! I wrote this song recently. . . Yesterday, actually. You guys want to hear it?" They cheered. "I wrote it about someone in the audience. Alright everyone, this is 'West Coast

Down on the West Coast they got a sayin'

"If you're not drinkin' then you're not playin'."

But you've got the music, you've got the music in you, don't you?

Down on the West Coast I get this feeling

like it all could happen that's why I'm leaving

You for the moment, you for the moment, Boy Blue, yeah, you

You're falling hard, I push away, I'm feelin' hot to the touch

You say you miss me, and I say I miss you so much

But something keeps me really quiet, I'm alive I'm a lush

Your love, your love, your love

I can see my baby swingin'

His Parliament's on fire and his hands are up

On the balcony and I'm singing

Ooh, baby, ooh, baby, I'm in love

I can see my sweet boy swayin'

He's crazy y Cubano como yo lala

On the balcony and I'm saying

Move baby, move baby, I'm in love

I'm in love (I'm in love)

Down on the West Coast, they got their icons

Their silver starlets, their Queens of Saigon

And you've got the music, you've got the music in you, don't you?

Down on the West Coast, they love their movies

Their golden gods and rock and roll groupies

And you've got the music, you've got the music in you, don't you?

You push it hard, I pull away, I'm feeling hotter than fire

I guess that no one ever really made me feel that much higher

Te deseo, cariño, boy, it's you I desire

Your love, your love, your love

I can see my baby swingin'

His Parliament's on fire and his hands are up

On the balcony and I'm singing

Ooh, baby, ooh, baby, I'm in love

I can see my sweet boy swayin'

He's crazy y Cubano como yo lala

On the balcony and I'm saying

Move baby, move baby, I'm in love

I can see my baby swingin'

His Parliament's on fire and his hands are up

On the balcony and I'm singing

Ooh, baby, ooh, baby, I'm in love

I can see my sweet boy swayin'

He's crazy y Cubano como yo lala

On the balcony and I'm saying

Move baby, move baby, I'm in love

I'm in love

I'm in love." I beamed at the crowd, back on stage. "Wow. You guys are awesome." We finished the show and as the venue cleared out, we walked backstage.

"Jesy! I had no idea you could rock like that!" Austin yelled.

"Badass!" Jack cried.

"Hey, entourage. How's it going?" I grinned.

"As if! That was awesome!" Oli said.

"I never knew you were in a band." Tony said curiously.

"One of my many side projects." I grinned. "I have to change, come on."

Ten minutes later I was ready go and insisted on bringing the guys from the band.

"Hey, Jasper," I leaned on his arm casually, "what are you doing tonight?"

"Why?" He grinned slyly.

"What if I said I scored you a date to hang out with real rock stars?" I asked.

"Jesy. . . Really?" He asked. I nodded, looking pointedly at Vic, Austin, and Alex standing in the doorway. "Let's go, boys!" I yelled to Sam and Matt.

We went to a bar and got a huge booth for the eleven of us.

"You were really good tonight, you know?" Vic asked.

"Was I really?" I blushed.

He kissed my lips and nodded. "It was awesome."

"Thanks." I smiled, intertwining our hands underneath the table. I knew I had Vic now, and that meant the world to me.