Chapter Twelve

"Guess where we're going?" Mike bounded over to me when I was cooking for Vic in their house several nights later.

"Where?" I asked, stirring.

"Texas." He grinned like a little kid.

"Have fun." I replied.

"No, silly! You're coming! We're going on vacation to Texas!" Vic yelled from the living room.

"You're asking me to come to Texas with you?" I asked, surprised.

"I would like nothing more than to go on a vacation with my sexy girlfriend." Vic said in my ear, wrapping his arms around my waist from behind. I shivered in anticipation.

**

"Pass me the tequila, Jess." Tony called from the front seat a week later. The five of us were road tripping to Texas. Mike was driving, but the rest of us were partying as hard as we possibly could in the van. I tumbled over into the very back where there were no seats and lifted the cooler. Vic did the same, falling on top of me.

"Hey there." He smirked.

"I'm supposed to be getting liquor for your friend." I replied. He responded by leaning down and putting our lips together, taking advantage of my open mouth and exploring with his tongue.

Bam! The van came to a sudden stop and Vic and I scrambled around.

"Quit making out!" Mike yelled. He, Jaime, and Tony laughed uproariously. I grabbed the bottle from the ice chest and went back to my position in the middle of Jaime and Vic.

"I think I have brain damage." I mumbled.

"Keep it in your pants then." Mike said.

"Blame your stupid brother, not me. I was ambushed." I rolled my eyes.

"Shut up, Jesy. You were into it." Vic replied.

"How much longer?" I asked Mike.

"Twelve hours." He replied.

"Jesus." I whined.

"We could get a lot done in twelve hours." Vic smirked, wrapping his arm around my waist.

"Victor, stop. Nobody wants to hear you two having sex. You either make sure we're out of the house or go to Jesy's." Mike said.

"Why do you think I was gone for like four days, stupid?" Vic asked. "And you have girls over all the time."

"That's different. You don't think those girls are hot." Mike replied.

"Well. . ." Vic trailed off. I glared at him. "I'm kidding! Mike, quit saying Jesy's hot. I know she's hot. She's my girlfriend."

"I'm just observing." Mike put his hands in the air. I giggled and he winked at me.

"Stop being so cute." Vic said to me.

I put my head in his lap and my feet on Jaime. "It's hard to do."

"You guys are gross!" Jaime whined. "Why do I get the feet?"

"Because I get the face." Vic replied.

"Shut up. I'm taking a nap." I said.

**

"Jesy, wake up! We're here!" Tony yelled.

"Did I really sleep that long?" I asked groggily.

"Yes, now get your ass up." Jaime said.

I sat up, rubbing my eyes. "Where exactly are we?"

"Did you think we would be in a hotel? Your boyfriend and his family used to stay here all the time. Once I beat him up in the woods." Mike said. I squinted through the darkness. I saw an old, tiny cabin surrounded by trees and forest. "Sounds lovely."

"We can have sex in the woods!" Vic grinned.

"I can't wait." Jaime winked at him.

"Quit flirting with my man." I smacked Jaime.

We grabbed our things and went inside, looking around. There were two bedrooms, a living room, a kitchen, and one bathroom.

"Me and Jesy call dibs on this one!" Vic called from the biggest bedroom. I walked in, smiling. "It's cute."

"I haven't been here in ages." He said, walking around. "Why are you looking at me like that?"

"You're adorable is all." I smiled.

"Baby, no one in the world is as cute as you." He shook his head. "And the worst part is that you don't understand the half of it."

"I'm so lucky I have you." I murmured, leaning into his warm embrace.