Merida

He was gentle, kind, strong and he understood her, and that's why she wanted him to stick around, that's why she told him everything, that's why she was comfortable crying to him. She could be herself with him. Even though they had just met that day, she liked him, they had connected in a way no one else could.
They went down to the river and caught a few fish for the dragon. The dragon still looked at her suspiciously but he accepted the fish she gave him. "So where do you come from?" She asked him. "It's a place called Berk" he said as he tossed a fish to Toothless. "Berk? Your a Viking?" She said a bit surprised. He looked at her apologetically, "Ya I know, I hope that's not a bad thing for you."
"Not really, you've only given some of the neighboring kingdoms some trouble"
"Ya."
He paused then he looked at her and smiled. She loved looking at him and his smile. "Come here" he beckoned to her
She walked over to where he was standing, in front of Toothless. He grabbed her hand and put it on Toothless's snout. Toothless looked at his master but Hiccup just nodded at him. She petted Toothless for a while and Hiccup told her some of the things he had figured out about dragons, she even tried some of them. He smiled when she did. They walked back to camp and she set out her blanket. Hiccup was leaning against Toothless and looking up at the moon. Merida put some more wood in the fire and went over to Hiccup. He looked down and smiled at her. He started telling her about the tales he heard about the moon. After a while he slid his arm around her, and she leaned her head on his shoulder.