four ↠ travis

your halo's gone, and
all i see is horns
and a heart
that's still intact
Pentatonix | Cracked

Scott Hoying's POV

The last thing I expected the next day was to see that Mitch was gone. I frowned, but then the door was opened and Mitch came through the door, "We have work. You might wanna go get ready at your house," he smiled, "And thank you for coming over last night. I needed it."

I smiled back, "It was no problem. If you need me, go ahead and call me."

He nodded, "I will."

I got off of his bed and ran my fingers through my hair, "I'll see you there," I said and started to leave. I heard a muffled "bye" and left his house, to my car.

I started the engine and pulled out to my car. I heard a radio station played that mentioned a Travis and I turned it up.

"Travis Bush, the youngest and most successful man in LA was announced to be visiting and, quote quote, "stealing Mitch Grassi's heart back", one of the most hated men in LA. We'll tune you in once we know more," the man explained a bit bored, like he couldn't care less.

I sighed, making it to my apartment.

I left my car and walked in, closing the door and made my way to my bathroom to shower.

I stripped and stepped in, surprised to see we had an hour until work.

My mind drifted off to Mitch and I thought for a few moments. Would Travis be able to win his heart, even though he never had in the first place? What if Mitch lied and actually did like him?

I frowned at the thought of Mitch and Travis together. He didn't deserve Mitch.

I soon got out when I was done, running my hands through my hair again and changed into some dark skinny jeans and a dark navy sweater.

I approved. I went downstairs and grabbed a granola bar, eating it as I left.

I grabbed my keys and phone, leaving my apartment and heading to Kaplan's Magazine in my car. I heard more pathetic news about Travis and muted the volume.

I made it and walked in, saying a quick hello to Kevin and making my way to Avi's office.

"Hello, Scott," Avi smiled at me. I smiled back, "So, where are you going next?"

I scoffed, "I'm not going to tell you. I'll show you the shots when we're done," I smirked. He rolled his eyes playfully, "Fine."

"Where's Mitch?" I asked. "He should be in Kirstie's or his office."

I nodded, "What's the room for both?"

"Room D is Kirstie's and room C is Mitch's," I was curious as to who belonged in room A, but I ignored it. I thanked him with a nod and trotted out of the room and to room C. I knocked softly, expecting to hear a voice to let me in, but I only heard shouting between Mitch and someone else. I opened the door quietly, freezing when Mitch had tears on his face. A tall man was in there, clenching his fists obviously in anger. Mitch's gaze was now on me and I was taller than this man. He looked at me and snarled, "Who the hell are you and what do you want?"

I narrowed my eyes, "Well aren't you a peach. I'm his friend, and my name is none of your concern."

Mitch walked up to me, "You should probably go—" I stopped him immediately, "This is Travis, isn't it?"

His face drained of color and I felt the need to punch the taller man in the jaw. "Leave," I growled at him. He scoffed, "I am multi-millionaire Travis Bush. You can't make me leave!"

I narrowed my eyes, "Watch me," I said and walked up to him, pulling him by his ear to the door. He grunted in pain and I shoved him out the door, "If I see you here one more fucking time I will not hesitate to slam your face into the sidewalk, you hear me?" I practically whisper. He didn't seem fazed, simply walking away.

I looked to Mitch and he stared at me with wide eyes, but sighed, "Scott, I don't need you to be my protector all the time."

I frowned, "I will protect you in any way possible. I don't want to see you hurt in any way."

He shut his eyes tightly, before opening them again, "I can deal with these types of things myself."

"Mitchy..." I sighed, cradling his face with my hand and wiping his tears. We were pretty close, closer than the average friend, but I didn't mind. "Listen to me. If he comes anywhere near you again without your consent, I will take care of it. Alright?" I whisper, care and concern threaded in my voice. He nodded, "Alright, okay."

I smiled, embracing him in a big hug tightly. We stayed like that for a while; my hands on his back and his hands on my neck. His head was laying against my chest, listening to my over-average beating heart. It wasn't racing too fast, but it was racing enough to the point where he'd be able to notice it wasn't quite normal. "You tend to do that a lot," Mitch mumbled. I made a confused face, "Do what?"

"Protect me. Save me," he explained, hugging me a bit tighter. "I don't want to see you hurt, I told you that. I never want to."

He breathed deeply, "You're a good friend, Hoying."

I grinned from ear to ear, "I'm glad you think so, Grassi. You're not too bad of a friend yourself."

Suddenly, after a minute, Mitch starts to rapidly laugh. I looked down at him in utter confusion. "I.. I just realized that you pulled him out of the room like a grandmother would—by the ear," he laughed loudly. I chuckled, "Of course you'd focus on that after that major breakdown."

He smiled, "I had to. It was quite the sight."

"You're something, Mitch."

***

a/n: i'm so sorry for the short and slow update ugh

also sorry that this was horribly written

i'm glad you guys still stay though 💞

alright bye guys and I hope for the next update to be faster and longer but I don't promise anything ❤️