Chapter Three

His body jolts to a stop and i watch as he slowly slips his hands into the pockets of his jeans.

"Are you okay?" I call out.

The harsh wind blows hair in my eyes, causing me to pull some behind my ears.

He turns his head slowly toward
me then begins to squint his eyes.

"I need a ride." His voice was so raspy it echoed through the wind.

Uneasy, I watched as he made his way towards my car. Something is not right and I shouldn't ignore it.

"Dont you have a car?" I quickly questioned. He stopped in his tracks and tilted his head to the side.

"My car is getting fixed."

Behind him the sun started to set, The once beautiful colors in the sky now darkened to a dull blue color and rain began to drizzle onto Harry's shoulders.

I grabbed my bag from the passenger seat and through it behind me. I wasnt gonna leave him in the rain, regardless of my concerned thoughts.

His hair was soaked by the time he got into the car, droplets rolling off the ends and onto his shoulders.

After he put his seat belt on, I roll up the window, step on the gas and drive off.

Here i am with this boy in my car, a boy i dont even know after a very shitty day of school. For all i know he could have just killed someone and here i fucking am taking him home.

Just my luck.

Pounds of rain begin to pour onto the windshield, fighting the wipers as the sky's cloudly plum color is lit by the constant strikes of lightning, leaving thunder lingering in my ears.

"Thank you."

The mumbles come from beside me as Harry stares out the window.

I sit up in my seat to lean forward, toward the wheel.

"Oh uh your welcome."

His head somewhat turns toward me, almost as if he wasn't suspecting an anwser back.

He's so strange.

The feeling of his eyes on me makes my stomach start to feel nauseous and once again anxiety pumps through on veins.

"Take a left here."

I slowly turn onto the main road, careful not to spin out of control due to all the flooding. Familiar shops start to pass by as i make my way further down the street but no one can be seen outside in this type of weather.

"It's just down the street here" He points up ahead.

As I continue driving, an apartment building starts to come into view through the heavy rain. Multiple lights are on from inside, some with even their curtains open.

From the corner of my eye, I watch as harry begins to sit up in his seat, still staring out at the building while i bring my car to a slow stop right beside the curb of the street.

Through one of the windows, the shadow of a woman holding a phone to her ear is visible. Her hands waving around, motioning quickly almost as if she were in some disagreement. It wasn't until then she began to raise her voice, her argument evident from the 4th floor.

As if on cue Harry suddenly unbuckles the seat and quickly opens the door.

"Thank you again." He slightly smiles before turning around and fleeting into the apartment building.