Chapter 11

Michaels P.O.V

Sighing, I sat down at a table in the courtyard during lunch. I pulled out my phone, putting in one headphone and playing music.

I was stressed. Between school, stuff at home, everything. Luke.

I rolled my eyes at the thought of him. I can't help but be annoyed. Anybody would be if their stepbrother who never took much interest in you has suddenly flipped a switch in the last few months. It was nice, but then again, what wasn't nice was how he would do some things that stepbrothers don't. The little jealousness, the cuddling, the innocent kisses on my cheek, neck, forehead. We never talked about it after. He would always run off as soon as he did something new. Never giving me a chance to talk to him about it. But I wasn't letting it happen again. I needed some type of explanation.

So when he sat down at the table next to me, I knew it was time to talk.

"Hey Mikey." he smiled, putting his bag on the ground, pulling out his phone.

I smiled back at him, knowing if I'd open my mouth, I'd blurt out the wrong thing. I wanted to talk to him but I didn't know what to say.

'Why do you act like a jealous boyfriend?' did not seem like a way to start this conversation, especially to my stepbrother.

"You okay?" he nudged his arm into mine.

I hummed in response and broke my gaze away from him.

"Actually, can we talk?"

"Yeah, about what?" he put his phone down on the table and turned his attention to me.

"It's just," before the rest of the sentence could come out of my mouth, I felt a presence in front of us.

"Hey, it's my two favorite Hemmings brothers," Oliver sat down across from us with setting his food down, "is it alright if I sit here?"

I nodded, "My name isn't Hemmings.", I mumbled followed by an awkward cough.

"Hm?"

"My last name. It's Clifford, not Hemmings." I stared down at the table.

"Oh, my mistake, my favorite Clifford and Hemmings brothers." he smiled and I returned it with a small one.

"So what you guys up too?" he asked politely.

"Nothing really, what about you?" Luke joined the conversation after pulling a sandwich out of his lunch bag, and sliding one of the halves over to me, demanding I eat it.

"Eh, new school, new everything, yknao? Don't know much of my way around the town yet." Oliver picked at his food explaining while I nodded.

"Yeah, small town though. Not much to do around here besides party." Luke grumbled causing me to roll my eyes.

"Eat Michael." Luke slid the food closer to me.

"I'm not hungry, and I don't like ham." I pushed it back.

"Just eat it." I knew I wasn't winning this, so I picked up the half and took one bite.

Oliver was eyeing us the whole time, watching with careful eyes.

"You guys act like a couple." he smirked at us.