t e n

"Brittany. Brittany!" Justin yelled shaking me. I opened my eyes and was about to say something but he put his hand over my mouth to keep me from saying anything. Then I heard people walking and I saw lights shining. "It's the police!" Justin whisper yelled. We got up and I grabbed Mason and then we fled. We ran through the woods as fast as we could until we reached the highway. Justin put his hoodie on so nobody would see him. We heard the police nearing behind us. Justin and I looked at each other and then we ran down the highway on the biker section. I held Mason and then I looked behind me and the police were running after us and they were catching up. "Don't look back!!!" Justin yelled at me. The bridge led up a huge hill that had a huge lake connected to the ocean. The moonlight reflected on the water. We kept running up the bridge along the busy highway. The police were 10 feet away from us. "JUMP!!!" Justin yelled. "WHAT???" I screamed. "JUUUMMPPP!!!!" He screamed. He grabbed me and then climbed over and grabbed my hand. "Trust me." He said. I closed my eyes and then nodded and then right as the police reached us, we jumped off the 20 foot drop. It felt like the longest fall. I hit the water like a bullet. I went low but I kept going so I let go of Mason and pushed him to the surface. I ran out of breath and tried to swim up but I didn't know which way was up, my body was going in circles and the freezing water was hurting my head. All of a sudden I felt arms wrap around me and we reached the surface. I gasped for air Justin held Mason and I up as I was spitting up water. "Ssshhhh!" Justin demanded as the police shined their flashlights towards us but it was too far down for their lights to reach. They stayed a few minutes which was killing Justin since he couldn't reach and he was holding both of us up. Justin started going under so I let go of him and pulled him up. The police left so then we swam safely to shore. We rested on shore for a few minutes until Justin said,"Brittany." "What?" I asked. "I love you. And you know that...but I think this is gonna be the end of us." He said. My heart shattered into billions of pieces and I could feel my heart aching. I looked down knowing that my argument will never get anything anywhere. So I just nodded. We started walking back through the woods and I was silently crying but he couldn't see the tears since it was dark. We walked silently to the backyard of my house. "Mason go on home." I said, and then Justin and I stopped and turned toward each other. Mason ran off and then I sighed and Justin put his hand on my cheek and wiped my tears away. "Don't cry for me. Save your tears Brittany, for something special." He said. "But you're the special one!" I cried. Then I threw my arms around him and cried. He pulled away a few seconds into the hug and then said,"I gotta go Brittany. I love you." He started walking away.