Untitled Story Part

We were vampires. Money wasn't a problem at all. So we packed our bags quick and without time wasting we set off to the airport. Jonah was going to be out for three days tops, if he had splinters in his heart from the wood. We had to find at least some friends who were loyal to help us.
"First off, New York." Hames said with a smile on his face. I had no clue who we were going to meet but I trusted his instincts. Since 1904, he had never been wrong about allies. I didn't think his luck would run out now. He drove recklessly that led to an almost foreseen accident. "C'mon, we can leave it here. It's dead anyways. I can smell the blood from here." He said without the slightest emotions.
I wasn't going to do that. I was up for a new life, this was part of it. I rushed out of the black V8 and saw the victim of the accident. My eyes opened up. Hames knew who it was immediately. It's as if fate had crossed our paths again. It was Jennie. She lay there half dead, blood oozing out of her lean body.
"We have to take her to a hospital Hames, she's almost dead," I said looking at her.
"No! No! No! We can't waste anymore time James. Dad will catch up with us before we know it. Who knows, he might be up by now," I sensed the urgency in his words but I was up for a new life. This was part of it. Helping people. I wasn't going to leave her there for dead. I had to retort.
"Brother, I'm not going to leave her here. Not in a million years. So choose. We take her to a hospital and leave her there or you can leave without me. I don't mind if father catches me. It's you he wants to kill! You! Not me, not her, not anyone else in Remy town. Only you! So please brother, dont bring me your- don't care I'm a big boy attitude. I'm not a fan." I said with confidence.
He had embarrassment all over his face. He obviously needed my help. Jonah was the only person who freaked him out. It wasn't the time to make more enemies. Just allies. He looked down and murmured, "Put her in the car. Heal her with your blood and hope she doesn't die with it in her body. We don't have time for a hospital. This is the best solution. And hurry!" He was frightened. He had no other option. I reasoned with the idea and agreed to it.
I put her on the back sit and went to sit at the front. Me and Hames didn't speak. I thought of what excuse I would give Jennie when she woke up. After sometime, to break the awkward silence I asked a question probably knowing the answer already.
"Who are we meeting in New York?" I asked softly. Hames plastered a sly smirk on his face and replied,"To meet an old friend of mine."
"And do I know this old friend of yours?"
"Quite so, in fact, more than you would expect Jamie."
He always called me by that name when there was something going on. Something he didn't want to tell me. The last time he called me that I got daggered and remained in a coffin for two years. I started thinking of who he might be keeping me away from but before I could think for much longer Jennie woke up with a big galp of air.
I looked behind with frightening curiosity. Was she healed? Or was she a vampire? I listened to her heart beat. It was normal. No sense of craving on her face. She must have been fine, I thought to myself.
She still had some trouble breathing. But this was probably from tremor. She looked around breathing hard then looked me directly in the eye. I could tell her heart beat decreased meaning less stress and pressure was disturbing her. She leaned real quick and embraced me like we had known each other for decades if not centuries. I let it in but she let go and held my shoulders and asked me," What the hell is going on?"...