•10•

December 21st, 2015

11 AM

Kaitlyn's POV

Brandon, Hunter, Colleen, and I were currently at the mall. We were trying to make strides in our efforts to find my family. I have been about 5 days gone from home, so there was probably a police investigation still going on. 

"Okay, so Colleen and Brandon are going to go outside a bunch of stores and ask if anybody knows someone by the name of Kaitlyn Wolff, or now anybody in Frost Creek. You and I are going to stay here and make posters that say "If you have information on the Kaitlyn Wolff case, call Brandon or Hunter's numbers," Hunter finished.  I nodded my head, and Brandon and Colleen headed off in the direction of the front doors. Meanwhile, Hunter had set up a table in a cafe with all of the stuff we need to make the posters. Our goal was to maybe get me home in time for Christmas. 

I picked up a piece of sky blue paper, and a big black marker. 

"So," I started a conversation, beginning a conversation," you and Colleen?" I looked up at him for a brief moment. His pink marker had stopped writing on the white paper. 

"What about us? We aren't dating or anything," he defended himself. 

"Mhm, but I bet you want to date her," I said, smirking. 

"W-what? That's not t-true," He stuttered, his cheeks going pink. I giggled at his silliness. Colleen and I don't get along very well, but if she makes him happy, I'm not going to divert him from trying to date her. Im not that mean. 

I straightened my gray cardigan, and pulled down my white tank top. I had finished two posters when we saw Colleen and Brandon coming our way. 

"Hey, guys," I smiled, putting another piece of paper in front of me. 

"Hey, listen, somebody knew something about it! They hadn't heard of you, but they knew where Frost Creek is. Frost Creek is north, north Jersey, like almost in New York City. In fact, you can see the Washington Bridge and NYC from Frost Creek. Unfortunately, it's like four hours away, and we have no car," Brandon explained. 

"Well, even if we don't have a car, at least we know where it is!" I exclaimed, a new glimmer of hope in my voice. 

"Yeah, well Colleen and I better get back out there, hopefully we can get more information," Brandon said. I nodded and he and Colleen walked off.

11:47 AM

Brandon's POV

I went with Colleen down the opposite side of the mall. Soon we came across this dark passage between two stories, which was a rarely used hallway to get to the movie theater in the mall. Its rarely used because it's slightly creepy and most people just go through the main movie theater entrance. All of a sudden, Colleen yanked me in to the hallway. 

"Hey- what are you doing?" I asked, leaning against the wall.

"Let's cut right to the chase; I know you love me," She said, pulling on her neon pink top. 

"What are you talking about?" I asked, extremely confused. 

"You obviously have  a crush on me," she smirked. 

"That's not true! Why would you think that?" I asked angrily. I would never like Colleen. I don't know, I feel like I'm taken, except I don't have a girlfriend. 

Maybe I feel like I'm taken because of Kaitlyn. There was certainly something about her. 

"Come on, you make it so obvious," Colleen sneered, snapping me out of my thoughts.

"Well I don't, so can we move on?" I asked, annoyed. 

All of a sudden her lips were pressed against mine, pinning me to the wall. I tried to push her off, but she just pressed her body on to me. Finally I was able to push her off me. She stumbled back, angry. 

"What the heck, Colleen? I told you I am not in to you, so just leave me alone!" I yelled, storming out of the hallway. I left her surprised an angry in the dark hallway, and made my way back to Hunter and Kaitlyn.

I saw her storming up to me. 

"You will regret that, Brandon Rowland!" She said, but I just shrugged her off and went back to the others.

When I got there, they had finished the posters, and were having lemonades. 

"Hey guys," I said,taking a seat next to Kaitlyn.

"Hey, we bought you a lemonade, " Kaitlyn smiled, handing me a lemonade. I saw her take out her pills and pop them in with the lemonade, and i was glad Hunter wasn't caring for them anymore.

"thanks," I smiled, taking the lemonade from her hands. Our fingers touched and I felt a spark jolt through me. I didn't feel this way when Colleen tried to kiss me. Thats how I knew. Thats how I knew that Kaitlyn was the one I wanted. But how, how do I say I like her when I have only known her for like five days?

We sat for five more minutes drinking our lemonade when Colleen finally showed up. She looked unfazed, like the whole thing in the hallway didn't even happen. She took a seat next to  Hunter, moving it closer to him.

"Hey guys, what's hangin'? I was just in the bathroom," she said, smiling brightly. Wow, this girl could really pull off a lie, huh.

"Oh, we're good. We missed you, though," Hunter smiled flirtatiously.  If only he knew what she was really like. 

We sat and sipped on our lemonades for a little while, before we decided it would be a good idea to go home.

1 PM

"Hey, Colleen, can I get your number? I can text you and we can meet up another time," Hunter said, scratching the back of his neck.

"Yeah, here, its xxx-xxx-xxxx," Colleen answered him, also writing it down on a piece of paper. They said goodbye to each other and then we walked back home. Im glad we live in a pretty busy area so that there's quite a few places in walking distance to go to.

We arrived at home twenty minutes later. Hunter went straight to our room and closed the door, presumably texting Colleen. Kaitlyn and I went out to the back porch. It was a screened in porch, but it had deck flooring, and a beach theme. It was one of my favorite places to hang out when at home or alone.

"So, um, how are you?" Kaitlyn asked, wrapping herself tighter in her gray blanket. It was quite cold outside seeing it's the end of December. 

"Im good," I chuckled," are you cold?"

"O-only a littl-le," she said, her teeth chattering. 

I laughed slightly, since I could tell she was freezing. 

"Come here, I can tell your freezing," I chuckled. She cracked a grateful smile, and shuffled over to my chair.  I slid over slightly in the comfy outdoor chair, and she squeezed in beside me. I wrapped my own blanket and hers around the both of us, and put my arm around her waist. I looked down at her, and saw she was blushing a slight pink. I smiled.

"Kaitlyn, I've been meaning to tell you something," I whispered.

"What is it?" She asked, looking up at me.

"I'm really, really glad I met you," I said, and I meant it. I felt her arms around my wait, hugging me. 

"I'm really, really, glad I met you, too," she said.