Chapter 2

I had been in Melbourne for about 2 weeks now. Since it was summer holidays I hadn't made many girl friends, but the boys where becoming my best friends so I didn't really need anyone else. Luke asked if I wanted to come over today and watch some movies.

(Text message)

To : Lukeee!

How could I say no? Ill bring the popcorn! Xx

I then went to get ready. I washed my hair and the left it to dry it's natural waves. I applied some bronzer and mascara, then put on leggings, a blue Hollister top and my grey uggs! I decided I looked acceptable and made my way next door.

~~ Lukes P.O.V ~~

I've really enjoyed becoming friends with Sophie, she's a really good friend. I don't like her in that way but. Beau and Jai think I do but I like someone else. Everyone is out today so I have the house to myself. I invited Sophie round for a movie day so it should be good. I like hanging out with her.

I had a shower and got changed then heard a knock at the door. Sophie looked so pretty, I was having second thoughts on whether I liked her or not but I just wanted to be friends and not ruin our relationship.

Sophie : What we watching?

Luke : Hmm.. Mean girls?

Sophie : You like that?

I replied giggling.

Like : Yea who doesn't?

He said with a wink. I shrugged my shoulders and accepted.

Sophie : Okay then.

~~ Sophie's P.O.V ~~

We were half way through Mean girls and Luke invited me to sit beside him. He Put his arm around me and I felt safe lying there. I wasn't sure about my feelings for him as I was sure he never liked me. I felt I wasn't really ready to go into another relationship anyway after the last one.

When the movie finished we sat and talked for two hours before my mum called me to come home. As I was getting up our faces were just inches apart. He leaned in. I leaned in. Our lips met and I felt shivers go down the back of my spine, it was amazing. He quickly pulled away and I looked at him confused.

Luke : I'm sorry I shouldn't of done that.

Sophie : Wh..what?

I was still confused why he was sorry.

Luke : I have a girlfriend, how am I supposed to tell her this.

I felt tears filling up my eyes, and jealousy came over me. I was heartbroken and felt cheated on. We weren't even going out, I don't no why I felt like this.

Sophie : Why didn't you tell me you had a girlfriend?

And with that I left. I ran up to my room crying and confused as to why.

(Text message)

From : Lukeee!

I'm sorry I didn't tell you, I didn't think I was leading you on. Xx

To : Lukeee!

I didn't mean to make you feel bad, I guess I just like you that's all. I understand you have a girlfriend, forgive me? Xx

From : Lukeee!

I forgive you, I am really sorry but! You are still my bestfriend. Xx

I didn't reply after that, I don't no how I can stand seeing Luke with another girl. I told him I liked him and he said nothing back. I definitely felt something in that kiss and I'm sure he did too. I needed to talk to someone about this. I went through to Alex's room in tears and told her what happened.

Alex : YOU KISSED? Omg soph I'm so sorry, he will realise that he has lost the most amazing girl soon! I'm sure this 'girlfriend' of his isn't half as nice as you! Don't cry, why don't you give him some space so you don't have to see him with her?

Sophie : I love you Alex! Thanks so much! But I still want to be friends with him? And see Beau, Jai, James and Daniel!

Alex : Love you to sis. And soph, I'm sorry but your just going to have to accept he has someone else and try to get over him.

I cried myself to sleep that night, I just couldn't stop! I didn't like feeling like this, and I didn't want to be miserable because Luke had a girlfriend! He's my bestfriend I should be happy for him, but I just couldn't help the way I felt...

The next day Beau and Jai came round. They told me Luke told them the story and came to ask if I was okay.

Sophie : I'm fine guys, I just have to get over him! Who is his girlfriend anyway?

Beau : He will realise what he has lost soon! And she's very eh..

Jai : Her names Megan, she's a slut.

Sophie : How? Show me her?

Jai got out his phone and showed me pictures, she was absolutely stunning. I no now why Luke is attracted to her.

Jai : Her and Luke have history. Luke says he likes her but we all no he doesn't. She uses him for fame, she isn't really that pretty when you see her personality. He thinks she is perfect and doesn't realised she is using him!

Beau : Yea she tells him what to do and shit, he always breaks up with her, but takes her back every time, it's fucking annoying.

Sophie : Oh.. Okay.

I couldn't believe what they were telling me. I wanted to meet her but so I could see for myself.

Beau told me she was over just now, so I quickly got changed, brushed through my long hair and put on mascara before walking next door with them.

I walked in the door and said hey.

Megan : And who the fuck are you?

Wow.

Beau&Jai : Don't talk to her like that!

Luke : Megan, this is my best friend Sophie!

Luke hugged me and said hey, before Megan pulled him off me and kissed him right I front of my face. I felt like I wanted to cry, but Beau took my hand and walked me through to the living room.

Jai : (whisper) Don't worry about her.

Megan : Oh Sammy or what ever, will you come here I want to talk?

Sophie : It's Sophie thanks, and yea what is it?

Megan : I see the way you look at Luke, don't bother trying to split us up, he's mine and always will be. Your just a slut who can't keep your eyes off my boyfriend. I mean look at you, why would he want you anyway? Ha.

I was so hurt. I walked back inside saying nothing, I just wanted to cry.

I said bye to Beau and Jai and left not even looking at Luke.

(Text message)

From : Lukeee!

Did I do something wrong? Is everything okay soph? Xx

I told him that everything was fine and I would talk to him later... If I could get near him.