Chapter One: Old Times...

I remember the first time I met Jamie. It was a really, really, really rainy day. The only reason I remember that is because I forgot my umbrella that day. And it was the first day of 8th grade. The 8th year of getting teased and pushed around by my fellow classmates in a new school. Being called a nerd or a geek. But you know, I got used to it.

Yeah, I know I don't have the perfect life, or the perfect face or perfect hair. But who cares! I made the perfect best friend. And he has been there for me ever since.

Anyway, it was the first day of 8th grade and I was totally lost. Like not totally lost but like REALLY REALLY lost. I felt like a cow in a dolphin pool. That awkward.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I had moved to San Diego that summer because my dad transferred companies. My dad moved first because he had to start working right away and my mom, Jace, Skyla and I moved in a month after everything was delivered to the new house. Skyla, my younger twin sister, was excited to move to California because all the celebrities lived there. And my older brother by 3 years was not excited to move because he had to leave his girlfriend, Rainia, behind in South Carolina. I feel bad for him because he really liked her and so did our whole family.

Like most summers, I spent my summer reading in my room while Skyla spent hers at the mall with people she didn't know and Jace spent his summer on the computer Skyping Rainia. Every. Single. Day. It was always " I love you!" or "I love you more!" "You hang up.""No, you hang up first!" Blah blah blah every single day. It was really annoying.

A week before school started, my mom drove me and Skyla to the new mall built a year before we moved. Skyla was the first to jump out of the car and run into the mall. You see, she's the one with the looks and I'm the one with the brains. She has the gorgeous, blond, straight hair, while I have the dark, brown messy curly hair. You get the point.

"Mom! Charlie! Hurry UP! We are not going to be able to go through all these shops if you guys keep walking sooooooo slow like that!" Skyla yelled and ran to us and grabbed our wrists, dragging us to the escalator, overeacting as usual.

"Skyla Logan Aminer! Let my wrist go or we will leave this mall right now!" Anger took over my mom and it was quite visible. Her cheeks were flushed with rage and was glaring at Skyla. I was trying to hide my laughter and attempted to cover it with a cough. I mean, it wasn't the first time she made mom this mad. Skyla! You're really on mom's nerves right now.. I suggest you to stop...like now.. Skyla's eyes were screaming "Help me!!" .Do I have to save you're butt again? Grr..

I took my mom's arm and looked at her. "Mom, Skyla is just really excited. Plus school is just around the corner. She probably wants to look really nice on the first day. That's why she is acting this way. Right, Skyla?" I look at her and she gives me a questionable look. "Right, Skyla? You're just excited. Right?" I said a little more annoyed and she finally got it.

"Yeah, mom! I'm just really excited! Charlie's right! Really excited. Uh-huh..." she said with a fake tone and smile. I face my mom again, "How about you let her go this time? She was just excited. That's all." My mom relaxes a little but her body was still tense. She started walking but said nothing. This was her "I really don't like any of you right now just leave me alone" treatment.

After 5 EXCRUCIATING hours and the mall, we finally went home. I bought three really nice pairs of jeans, 2 tees and Converse, while Skyla bought 4 skirts, 9 shirts, 6 pairs of jeans. 2 pairs of heels and flats. And she made ME hold all the bags, even after saving her butt. Whatever. The week flew by and school was literally just around the corner. What and how was I going to survive another year of teasing and name calling? One solution. Jamie.