3

Crying too much could've sent me to my nearest death.

My whole body ached and my stomach growled loud for food.

I had cried my self to sleep, woke up and cried myself to sleep some more. We were still on the road even when the sun had come up.

How did I get involved in all this?

"Where are we going?" I quietly asked, interrupting their foreign language discussion.

Tobias looked at me through the rearview mirror. It was more of a warning that I should be quiet.

Angelo just ignored me. I didn't anyone to tell me he didn't quite enjoy my presence. But I didn't ask to be here.

My stomach growled again, louder this time. Loud enough for them to hear. 

"You hungry?" Angelo asked finally, like he knew I was waiting for the question to pop up.

"Yea," I gulped. He scared me more than Tobias did, even if they had both pointed their gun at me.

He turned to Tobias and spoke something in Italian. And Tobias nodded.

"We'll stop if we see a gas station," he assured me and I nodded, resting my head back on the window and crying myself back to sleep.

***

Immediately I felt a hand tap my leg, I jerked up.

The door to the backseat was wide open and Tobias was standing right next to it, gesturing at me to come down.

I noticed we had reached the gas station and Angelo was getting some gas.

I followed Tobias into the mini store and didn't hesitate to think of ways I could escape these two criminals. But I didn't even know where we were to start with.

Once we walked in, Tobias looked at me.

"Whatever you like," he said.

I'd like to go home!

Instead of saying what was really on my mind, I just glared at him before making my way past him and towards the rack with Cheetos tuffs, grabbing three of those.

A few kitkats, maybe four or more twix chocolates. And they had a slushy machine so I went ahead to pour myself a large cup. Wild berry always seemed to cheer me up.

"Are you done yet?" Tobias asked, probably expecting an answer from me.

I shot him a look before walking over to checkout.

"Do you have a phone I could use?" I said with fear.

The man looked at me pitifully like he wanted to help but couldn't.

"He doesn't," Tobias answered, slamming $20 down on the counter and pulling me out of the store.

"You think you're so clever," he angrily yelled at me.

"I'm trying to look out for myself!" I yelled back. "What? You kidnap me and expect me to sit put?!"

He raised his head up to the sky and back down at me in frustration, before he started walking over to me.

"It was either he shot you or this. If he finds out you're trying to run, he will kill you. So for the last time, Warson, stay put!" He explained. "And I'll make sure you're not harmed."