17

A/N: Kade's picture 👆🏽 enjoy.

Emily's POV

To think he'd ever change for the better. He was just a selfish son of a --

"Emily!" Kade yelled, chasing after me. But I didn't stop. I couldn't.

He had let me out of the room on my own and I was going to make sure I ran away while I could.

But where to? If I put two and two together, I was in danger either way. The only difference between staying and going home was at home, no one with guns was there to protect me.

Here, I had a number of them.

I gave up running and stood still for Kade to catch up with me.

He tried to hold me by the hand but I pushed him away with so much aggression. They were all the same. No one gave a damn about me.

"Cut the fucking act!" I yelled at him, panting like a tired sweaty bear, running away from its predator.

"What act?"

"Like you give a crap about me! It doesn't help! You don't have to act like you like me to ease away my pain. I'm still going to die anyways so what's the bloody point?"

At this point, I was already in tears. Uncontrollable emotional tears.

"I do care about you," he insisted.

"You DON'T! You're just like Tobias! You probably hate me as much as he does. And it's fine! Just stop acting like you give a single--"

Before I could finish my constant complaint, Kade had shut me up by smashing his lips against mine without my consent.

I gave in of course. There was just something about his kisses.. or maybe it was just because he's the only guy that had ever kissed me. But I was always wanting more.

So when he pulled back, I wished he didn't.

"I am not Tobias," Kade said. "When I say I give more than a single fuck about you, I mean it. No one's going to harm you. I won't let them."

I felt a little bit at ease after his confession. I quickly wiped away my tears with the back of my palm and hugged him without reasoning.

"Okay," I whispered, accepting to be his burden.

We stood there for a while in a warm embrace just for Kade to collapse right in my arms after a loud thud.

I opened my mouth to scream when I saw the blood coming from the behind of his neck, but a gloved hand brought a white handkerchief up to my nose.

I tried to hold my breath for as long as I could, but I failed.

Once I inhaled, my hearing became faint, vision became heavy, and I guess someone got tired of waiting for me to collapse, and hit the back of my neck really hard.

I finally fell unconscious.

***

I could feel the blood rushing through my head, the heavy pressure.

My ankles hurt so badly but at the same time my feet felt numb.

My hands were spread by my side and my wrists hurt to. I couldn't feel my palm.

I slowly opened my eyes, feeling light headed. Thankfully, the place was dimly lit so my head didn't hurt as much and I could make out the things in the room.

But then everything seemed to be hanging on the ceiling, like the world was just turned upside down.

That's when it hit me. I was the one being hung upside down.