one

•••

Walking with relaxed steps down the street, Aaron shovels his hand to his pocket and feels something. He takes it out, and almost smiles to see that it's a fortune cookie. Now he remembers. He got it yesterday when he and a couple of team mates went to an Asian restaurant after training.

Unwrapping the cookie from its plastic package, Aaron takes a bite of the cookie, and a piece of small paper pops out. Still munching the slightly sweet cookie, he reads the paper.

"A special person will come to you in a magical way".

He shakes his head in amusement. He never takes things like superstitious stuff or astrology too seriously. So as soon as he puts the paper inside the pocket of his jeans, it's forgotten. Whistling his favourite song, he keeps on walking and turns to the left, to the pavement that will take him to his apartment. And suddenly, out of nowhere, a dog jumps on his lap.

"Woohoo, what the hell!" with a reflex, Aaron catches the dog. The dog doesn't seem to mind to be in his hands, though, as it gives a friendly bark to him, and starts to sniff his chest. Aaron can't help but laugh as it looks adorable and he has a special liking towards dogs.

He can see a small tag around it's neck, so it has to have an owner. As the dog tries to lick his face enthusiastically, Aaron wonders who the owner of this cute dog could be, when a voice catches his, rather their, attention.

"Sammy!"