three

•••

"How does it feel? I mean, to be on the pitch? To play a match for your own country?"

Aaron angles his neck a little to look at her. He smiles and places a quick peck on the tip of her nose. It's been about 4 months since they started dating, and Ana never fails to make him smile, to make him feel the nice warm rush in his veins just to see her smile, to light his day, even when the sky is dark.

"It feels amazing, to represent your country, to be actually doing something for the people of your country. That's why I love playing football. I don't only do it because I'm so passionate about it but also to make my family, friends and fans happy. They're the reason I've became the person I am right now."

Anastasia nods, the way he talks about the things he loves amazes her because he always gets carried away, but she doesn't care. The light in his precious orbs makes her warm inside.

"I can imagine that. And I bet that playing in the World Cup would feel even better, right?"

Aaron wraps his arm around her shoulder to pull her closer. He buries his face in her thick hair, which smells like fresh orange and feels so smooth on his face.
"Definitely, love. I am excited."

And he really is. In less than 24 hours, he will be flying back to Wales, joining the rest of his teammates, and they will soon be departed to Russia.

"Me too." Ana whispers. "I kind of think that it would feel so magical. Playing a match in the World Cup, for the name, the pride, of your country..."
Aaron pulls himself a little away from her, just to look her straight in the eyes.

"Exactly, it will feel like magic..."

"Will you think of me when you win a game?"

"I will, Ana. I will.... Because it'll feel so magical, and it will remind me of how you've been my personal angel since the first time we've met, the angel that gave -and still gives me- the reason to live life to its fullest, the angel that spreads the magic of my life..."

And when they kiss, Aaron still feels the magic. He always feels it, whenever she's with him.
Because she's just so magical to him.