two

•••

"Sammy!"

It must be the dog's name, as the dog stops trying to lick Aaron's face. It barks once again, and Aaron almost believes that the dog was actually smiling at him before it jumps off his arms and starts to run towards the voice.

Aaron lifts his head to see the dog walking to a girl, who is kneeling and reaching out for the dog. The dog, Sammy, jumps to her joyfully, which makes Aaron believe how lucky he is to be watching such a beautiful scene.

The golden retriever puppy is cute, but it's owner, a girl with long blonde hair, is even cuter. Her wavy golden blonde to caramel coloured curls fall down her back like a waterfall.

Aaron takes a few steps closer to her.
"So, this is your dog?" he asks, with his eyes wide open.

The girl finally looks up to the man that found her dog. And by the time their gazes meet, Aaron feels it. He feels the magic.
It sparks from her beautiful brown eyes. It radiates from her smile. Maybe she herself is magic. Aaron is in his own little paradise until he feels the gorgeous girl speak up.

"Yeah. He's my dog..." she's speechless. The moment her eyes met his, she couldn't avert her eyes from his sparkling ones. It was as if he was spreading magic through his ocean blue eyes.

"He's..he's cute...", Aaron feels suddenly nervous and curses slightly under his breath but tries to put a smile upon his face, nonetheless.

"Thank you...", she stops stroking Sammy's head, "Oh, and I am so sorry that he jumped on you. He ran away from me once I opened the front door..." she smiles apologetically at him.

Aaron is amazed by her breathtaking smile.

"It's totally fine. In fact, I love dogs. And yours is just adorable". He takes a deep breath before continuing, "I am Aaron, by the way. Aaron Ramsey". He smiles, quietly wishing that he wasn't too formal or oppressive.

The girl looks at him with her head adorably tilted while still holding Sammy. But to his relief, a smile lights up on her face and she says happily, "Hello, Aaron. I am Anastasia!"

The thought of the fortune cookie crosses his mind at the very moment of their hands touching and his smile brightens, if even possible. He knows by now that magic is coming his way. It's happening.