Chapter Seven- A Party With Luke Hemmings?

At exactly eight o'clock, Louis came to knock on my door.

"Time to go!" He called from the other side of the door.

"Gimme a sec!" I called back, fastening the clasp on my bejeweled sandals. I grabbed my cross body bag and opened the door, greeting Louis.

"Too casual?" I asked, pointing at my denim shorts and navy blue tank top. Louis peeled his eyes away to look at me. "Looks great." He smiled. The rest of the guys were already waiting in the car, so we piled in. Harry was driving so I didn't have to make eye contact with him. Liam turned back to look at me, "you look amazing, Mia."

Harry swerved around the corner, not braking; his knuckles were white against the steering wheel. "JESUS, Harry! Drive normally." Niall swore, rapping his fists against the window.

Somehow, we managed to make it to our destination alive. Louis helped me get out of the car, and Harry watched from behind. "What?" I mouthed. He shook his head and disappeared.

Inside, I left the guys and headed straight towards the bar. Today had been horrific. I needed some alcohol to temporarily wash away the memories. "One vodka cranberry, please." I asked, passing the server a few dollars. As my drink was being made, I took a seat on the gleaming silver, swiveling barstools. In my peripheral vision, I spotted Kyle walking around the room, surveying. It made me feel infinitely better knowing that he would protect the guys and I from danger.

The server slid my drink across the bar countertop, and I plunged a straw into the crimson, icy liquid.

"Cheers." A familiar looking guy with bright blonde hair clinked his drink against mine. "Cheers!" I grinned, chugging down half my drink.

The guy's eyes widened in surprise, and he let out a laugh. "I'm Luke."

"Mia," I smiled. "Do I know you?"

"Probably," he laughed, but I didn't get the joke. "Five Seconds of Summer?"

"Five seconds of what?" I asked, and Luke shook his head, laughing, as if I was the funniest person he'd ever met. I wasn't trying to be funny. I was genuinely confused. Not wanting to embarrass myself further, I was silent and let Luke do all the talking. He was surprisingly funny, and his stories were amazing. He could sing so well too. As I finished my third drink of the night, I realized how much I was enjoying myself. Luke was amazing.

I leaned over the bar to order my fourth drink, but Harry came and wedged himself in between Luke and I.

"Harry." Luke gave a polite, civilized smile but it was clear he wanted Harry gone.

"Lukey boy!" Harry said in his unusually chirpy British accent. "I see you've met Mia."

Luke nodded, suddenly awkward in Harry's presence. How did they know each other? Were they friends?

"Fun fact," Harry said, his voice suddenly serious and grave. "Mia rejected me. Rejected! Cast me away- dismissed me."

Luke opened his mouth to speak, but Harry held two fingers on his lips. "Shh.... Shhh.. But isn't it great that she's into you, Lukey! I've been watching you two the whole night. Mia laughing, giggling, throwing her hair back, hands all over you," Harry clapped his hands together. "Fucking thrilled for you two. Good job. But Mia, Luke hasn't seen you half-naked. Only I have," Harry looked at me, his eyes stony and cold. He was clearly completely drunk. "So show him, Mia. Show him what he's missing."

I began to protest, shoving Harry away, but he was too strong. He grabbed me and swiveled me to face Luke and him. He peeled up the top of my tank top, exposing my bare tummy.

My entire abdomen on show.

Luke and Harry stared. Harry dropped his hand, suddenly feeling very guilty

They saw.

They knew.

I looked down at my waist.

Three parallel scars ran across my stomach, red and angry, still not completely healed. They were thick and enflamed, like they had been for months. Doctors said they would only begin to disappear in around three months.

"I'm so sorry." Harry said, suddenly sobering up and realizing what he'd done. I fought back tears, biting my upper lip. "Fuck you Harry."

And then I ran away from Harry and Luke. Harry hurried after me, calling my name, asking me to stop.

But I was fire and ice. Hot and cold, burning all over.

Nothing Harry said could make me feel better.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi! Thanks for reading- means a lot! Please vote, comment and follow!

Any plot/structural suggestions? Also, are short chapters working well or should I make them longer?

Thanks!