A Christmas Oneshot

Okay, so I've decided to write a Christmas one shot with Magnolia and some of her friends/classmates. Some of the characters mentioned in this short story will be made into actual OCs. So, I'll continue and this is from Magnolia's perspective!

~~~~~~~~~

It's Christmas time at Honoren Academy for the Gifted. Of course, I, as a student attending school there, had to participate in the annual Christmas celebration. Today, all classes are cancelled and each student had to contribute to the festivity. Some people from my class and I decided to team up and make Santa hats for everyone in the school.

   After three hours of sewing and bleeding (I never said we were skilled at sewing), we finally made 327 hats. This morning, we'll distribute the hats in front of our school.

   "Hello, Magnolia! I have forty-seven hats and I'm ready to hand them out to everyone", a familiar female voice exclaimed cheerfully.

   "Hello Phoenix, I have about fifty-eight hats, Farran has thirty-nine hats, Shota has forty-three hats, the Weston siblings have one hundred-ten hats in total, and Brittany has forty hats," I state.

    "Heh, you never cease to amaze me. You could tell that by just looking, right," she asked, chuckling.

   "Yes, but you recited a whole chapter from Gone With the Wind from memory", I reply.

   She smiles and leads me into the school, where Farren Renal, Shota Hisakawa, Scarlet and Johan Weston, and Brittany (she doesn't have a last name...) are waiting.

   We all discuss who would go to which part of the school and where we would all meet up again when we're done. Shota and I were assigned to go to the third floor by Phoenix. I swear, she put us together on purpose because she thinks that we like each other, which may or may not be true.

    "Okay, so the Weston's will cover the second floor, Farran and I will cover the fourth floor, Magnolia and Shota will cover the third floor, and Brittany will do the staff rooms on the first floor. We meet at the third floor, by staircase "F". Any questions? Good, because I'm not in the mood to answer them. Let's go!", she declares.

We all part ways, Shota and I heading towards staircase "E". After 60 tiring steps, we finally reach the third floor, where I see students handing out food and little trinkets. Some people point and snicker at us, probably because they think that we're apparently what people call a "couple" now. We ignore these actions and continue to hand out these hats.

That's quite stupid, why would people just assume? Assumptions lead to rumors, rumors lead to misconceptions, which leads to more assumptions and rumors. The vicious cycle continues.

   I look up, and I see the girls that I confronted in the cafeteria a week ago. They haven't given me an answer to my question and I don't think they are interested in doing so. I look back down at my feet, already expecting what is to come.

   "Hey look! It's that quiet girl and that quiet boy! They would make the perfect couple because they both aren't really...memorable", a voice chortles in front of me, followed by chimes of scattered laughter.

   One step...

   More people start laughing.

   Two steps...

   Shota looks like he wants to say something, his face quite red. "Don't provoke them even more," I whisper. I think he nods, because I can barely see anything with wet, salty droplets in my eyes.

   Three steps...

   Everything stops and I hear the voice of a girl, filled with fire, shout, "STOP LAUGHING! HOW WOULD YOU FEEL IF I PUBLICLY EMBARRASSED YOU IN FRONT OF 75 OTHER PEOPLE THAT YOU KNOW WILL INSULT YOU FOR IT!?"

   I look up once again, seeing the blurry outline of my best friend.

   The legendary bird has come, followed by the troublemaking Westons, the idiotic Farren, and  the "too-good-for-her-own-good" Brittany.

   I feel both relieved and insulted. Relieved, because people that I can trust have saved me from the lions. Insulted, because they had to save me.

   I didn't realize how dependent I was on them, but I'm a bit aggravated by it.

   "Now take your stupid hats. We'll be in room 407 if you ever need us," Farren says, smirking and crossing his arms. Scarlet Weston grabs my hand and drags me behind her, leading me up to the stairs, where Phoenix, Farren, Shota, Brittany, and Johan are already walking up.

   This turned out to be a better Christmas than usual.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

   I know, not exactly festive or Christmassy. This was partly rushed, so I didn't elaborate on the small details like what clothes they were wearing, or what people were handing out, etcetera.

   So, Phoenix, Farran, and Shota will definitely be new OCs. Should I do Brittany and the Westons?

   Oh well, Zai Jian!

           ~MysticalButterflies