Umbra Mortis Sedent

Monday Morning-

“Come out and play with me…” The shadow figure said to the seven year old Niall. Niall didn’t know where he was, he looked around noticed some outline of a jungle gym. So he knew he was at some park. Where it was pitch black, but there was only one lit street light where Niall was standing.

“Let’s play hide and seek... All you need to do is to turn off your light...” As the shadow figure came to Niall. “Who are you? What do you want from me?” As the scared little Niall ask the shadow figure.

“I just want to play a game with you…Just turn off your light and it will be fun.”

“Why should I? The light keeps the monsters away…Are you a monster?” Niall said accusingly.

“Me, a monster? Haha, quiet likely.” This frightens Niall.

Niall wake up….wake up Niall…

“Niall wake your lazy ass up!”  Liam said as he pushes Niall of the bed hitting the floor.

“What the fuck, Liam?!” Niall getting up from the floor angrily throwing his pillow at Liam’s face. “Anyway, how did you get in my house?! No one is even here?!” Niall still angry, but yet slightly confuse. Liam waving the extra key he found to Niall. Making Niall remember that they always leave a spare key under the patio in the backdoor.

“Niall, what is going on with Bradford? Why is everyone dying?” Liam seemed slightly worried. He coming home to bad news about people dying around town. “What do you mean?” Niall was confused with his friend’s question. He truly didn’t know what he was talking about.

Liam turning on the TV and changing the channel for Niall to watch.

“In other news…Destiny Lopez was found dead in her bed this morning. Her mother said that she heard her daughter yelling all night only thinking she was having a bad dream. Doctors said that she went into shock later that night and passed away.”

“Wow, I really don’t care Liam, because she was a cunt.”

“Niall, she was a human being. Who cares she was rough around the edges. Some people are going to miss her…” Liam said doubting what Niall recently said.

“She was a ratchet ass cunt no one is going to miss her! This isn’t news worthy Liam. I don’t know why you have to wake me up for this.” Niall growled at Liam.

“Niall, this isn’t the first death with the same accident happening. She was one of the ten people that died that way.”

That shocked Niall, giving him flashbacks about the explosion in the lab Friday evening. Remembering that day, Niall gets up and runs into his father’s study room. Liam follows not far behind Niall

“What are you doing in here? Your father doesn’t like it when we are in his study room…” Liam being the nervous person he is. Liam wasn’t the adventurous type of person. He always played the by the rules.

Niall ignores Liam’s worriment and goes his father’s desk and goes through his father’s drawers to see if anything catches his eye about what is going on.

Niall spots some files labeled Top Secret. This catches his eye and brings out the file. Raising up the file for Liam to see.

“Niall, I don’t that is a good idea to look at your father’s stuff…” Liam said worried.

“Quit being a pussy and get over here.” Niall snapped at Liam, but Liam quickly didn’t hesitate and went where Niall was standing.

Niall opened the file…Seeing that was patient entries…As Niall read them out loudly.

“The darkness is closing in…it’s pitch black now….but I can still see him…”

-  Zachariah Br, patient  #4321

Niall and Liam glanced at each other with confusion in their eyes. “What do you think they are talking about?” Liam confusedly asking Niall. “Well, I don’t know…Let’s keep reading to find out…”

“I…I…I can’t…even close my eyes! If I do, he’s there! He’s going to get me! Please, please, please help me!”

-  Ben Sal, patient #3453

“I…I haven’t slept for days...Every time I close my eyes all I hear is…is screaming! Laughing…not any normal laughing…devilish laughter…Make it stop!”

Kevin Long, patient #1265

Niall and Liam jump up in fright when the door slams open showing his father.

“Niall? What are you doing in my study room? You know you’re not supposed to be in here.” His father said angrily.

Niall puffs rolling his eyes before replying back. “The real question is. What are the files talking about?!”

Liam staying quiet pouting his face full of shame.

“Niall that is none of business! Now put it back!”

“WHAT THE FUCK DO YOU MEAN IT’S NOT MY BUSINESS?! PEOPLE ARE DYING BECAUSE OF THESE REASONS!” Niall throwing the files at his father. All the files flying in the air before they hit the ground…

“Now tell me what you really know what is going on…” Niall growled, his father acknowledging his son’s anger.

“Well… it’s started when we made a formula opening the gate to a unknown area…It was open for a few moments, but something came out of the portal… Something dark…cloudy that messes with people dreams…The only way we capture it was with our magnetic field barrier…We didn’t know what to name him…so we named him…Umbra Mortis Sedent…The Latin word of Shadow of Death”

Liam was shocked and speechless…he didn’t know what to say, but in the other hand…Niall knew actually what he wanted to say…

“So you’re telling me…that thing…escaped when the lab exploded!? That so called weird cloud filled with darkness you what so ever did not know about…is free?”

His father could only nod…He didn’t know what to tell his son. He and his son were in danger when they slept. He didn’t know how to protect his son…

Niall only ran out when his father was done talking…stepping on the last file of the entry…

“Whatever you do…do not turn off your eternal light…He will get you…”

-  Matthew Pao, patient #64320

---

Ooohh...remember guys...Don't turn off your light...:) - Andrew xx

@GirlVersionOfNiall helped me with this chapter, so thank you xx