Reminiscence

I pick up my bag from the floor. take a deep breath. Inhale when suddenly a muscular looking guy came up to her and put his hand around the Margo looking girl's shoulders

I didn't get to ask her name. "Oh" I mumbled.

It could have been so awkward if I came up to her ask her name and her boyfriend or whatever caught me talking to her.

I've never been this confident to ask someone's name before. Back when I was in highschool there was this girl that I had a crush on and stayed in the seen zone till the rest of the school year. I didn't get to talk to her AT ALL.

Basically it was the first day of school I was 13 years old back then and I know completely nothing about how relationships works. Students introduce themselves in front of the teacher's board on the platform which Ben call it "platform of shame" And I don't even know how he come up with that. When the teacher nod her head which means next, The girl right beside me stood up and my mind went something I can't explain. As she stands up in slow motion (in my head) I noticed her blue glowing eyes like Margo have. Her blond shining hair that lighted up my vision. Her smile, How she talks everything was beautiful

As soon as she sat down to her seat. I walked nervously on the platform and took a second before I talk. I can see her smiling at me and my mind went out of nowhere in heavens. I think I stayed blank like a total idiot for almost four minutes and the class were laughing at me. It was entirely embarrassing.

I noticed a book on her desk. "Nancy Drew" Thinking I'd grab the book and give it back to her tomorrow or let her get the book by herself. Because first of all; 1. I don't even know her name. 2. She has a boyfriend. I look at Ben who was outside the room waiting for me. I grab the book as soon as Margo came in the room

"You left your book" I said leisurely. I can see Ben squinting on the girl in front of me.

"You're not gonna steal it are you?" She ask in a silly way.

"No" I chuckled
"I was actually gonna give it to you" I added

"You look familiar" She says

"I'm Q-q-quentin..." I stuttered. (Thinking I saw Margo got shot and fall off to the ground that night)

"My name is Chloe, Chloe McKenzie" She smiled as she grab the book from my hand and walk straight outside the room. "Nice to meet you Quentin"

Ben is staring at Chloe. "Yoooo" Ben sounded uncertain. "I thought I saw your Margo"

I was speechless for a minute. "She's Chloe" I say while staring outside and had no idea who did I just talk to.

"Anyways Q can I sleepover to your house tonight?

I got out of my delusion.
"What for?"

"Don't "what for" me I'm your best friend you should automatically say "okay Ben starling"

Ben and I were best friends for almost 6 years now. I don't have a good reason to decline either so I went along. I just laugh at him.

"That was a yes Q I know you"
We laugh because I know something crazy could happen tonight.

We went to the cafeteria and grab some coke, take a sit on a bench while we talk about things.

"I honestly thought that was Margo". Ben says while he drinks his coke

"Can I ask you a question Q, And you have to answer truthfully"

"Okay what"

"Where were you and Margo that night when you were hiding from the cops?". Ben staring at me.

Pictures get in my mind in some sort of flashbacks. "It was the best adventure of my life" I say. while staring at a girl wearing a hoodie outside.

"No no no no. You didn't answer my question at all."

"We went hiding in the middle of the night Ben she taught me how to be happy that's it" I piped up

"You're not mad aren't you? I mean, You could have just call me and let you hide in my crack"

"I was thinking the same thing Ben, But think how what could possibly turn out..
We can't be happy by hiding underneath your bed or in your closet"

"We spent the night without a care in the world, we were so happy thinking we could just let the goddamned cops arrest us until she got shot by a security"

Ben is speechless.
.
.
"Life sucks" Ben says