Chapter four; pyromancer

Beatrice

Jojen's words ran like horses through my mind, every single anecdote of his was beautiful and stained my mind like permanent paint. He had several opinions on different things and I listened, I did not know why I didn't have very much sense in answering the questions he asked me. My answers weren't very diverse, but he seemed convinced enough that I wasn't completely somewhere else. The truth is I was lost, drifting in oblivion and my body just did what it had to. I nodded in agreement when really I wasn't focusing on his opinions rather he himself.

I truly hated what he was doing to me. He was civilized but witty at the same time. He was distinguished and well educated, if my studies were correct house Reed was quite a valiant and brave house. One quite well fought for.

" Have you ever met one ?," he asked me as I stepped out of my daze. I looked at him absentmindedly giving him a look of confusion, I was caught dead in my tracks.

" A pyromancer," he helpfully added. Luckily I knew what he was talking about because the man that saved my life that day in the capital was one.

" Yes, as a matter of fact I have. I'm assuming that my brothers haven't told you how exactly I got back here?" I said answering. He shook his head, meaning I had to explain.

" Well, I will tell you the shorter version it would be easier," I said back not wanting to bore him out of his mind. He gave me a okay and I proceeded telling him the story.

" A pyromancer saved me from an unwanted assassination, and he guided me to man who gave me my horse and loyalty which I did not ask for," I started. Jojen furrowed his eyebrows and I bit my lip as it was quivering from the anxiety that started to fester inside.

" So when I arrived Theon Greyjoy had already over thrown the castle and Winterfell. I had tried negotiating with him but God was he stubborn" Jojen had stopped me mid sentence by laying a hand on my shoulder.

" I don't mean to be rude, but it seems as if you and This Theon had a sort of, well.... relation," he exclaimed in monotone. I was shocked that he found out so easily, it had been going on for quite some time and no one suspected a thing.

I sighed, " Yes, we did have a relation of some sort, but not the type of relation you're thinking about."

Standing up in a spiraling motion, Jojen gestured me to take his hand. " let's take a walk Beatrice, I'd like to talk with you in private" he said. I wasn't too quick to jump at the opportunity to take a stroll with a stranger, especially a man. With my heart on a limb, I took his soft, pale hand and shivers ran like stallions through my spine. Theon never, ever, had me attaining this feeling. I could almost feel my cheeks being kissed by fire, they were burning up. And so was I.

After I stood up from the blazing fire he and I started walking, me letting go of his ineffable hand.

It 'twas somewhere in the early morning, but the moon still held its place in the sky. There were no noises as we walked through what appeared to be a field of moss. Only silence, deep and dead silence. Jojen's body appeared as if it was not even there, almost transparent like mine if you will. Only he seemed to glow, which shocked me quite a bit. He was beautiful though, excessively beautiful. But regal, and charming. I found myself falling for him even though I barely knew him. Everything he did felt like an epiphany to me, a revelation.

Jojen quickened his pace and I did as well. He walked like a soldier, even though I was more than certain that he wasn't. He wasn't smart enough to admit his intellect, which isn't always a good idea for a man. But I admired intellect, I admired a brain. And he had one, he was educated and I admired him for it.

Jojen's mood started to take a damper once he realized how quiet I was being. Which I found strange considering that he seemed to quite enjoy solitude. Maybe he was tired. I had insisted he did not have to stay up with me, but he insisted and I couldn't dare to argue.
" Do you know where we are ?," I asked him curious as to where we were going. He took a slight pause, but ignored my comment and kept waking. He almost ushered me along with his jaded glares.

He must have have been here before, why else would be have persisted we come this way?. The part of the forest we were in was deep, there wasn't a path to follows or much space for my feet to touch the stable ground. Although it was beautiful, extravagant even. The trees appeared as if there were droplets of jewels hanging from their vines. A myriad of topaz and ruby stained the leaves and branches, the forest almost glimmered like a cosmic symphony. Breath taking it was to say the least.

" Do you know now why I brought you here ? " he asked me reluctantly with imbue. Apparently he noticed that I was admiring the heavenly sites. I spread a smile, for now it seemed like the right thing to bestow upon him. A smile. A smile as a thank you.

" I assume you have been here before Jojen? " I asked politely. He gave me a perfunctory nod, putting little to no effort into it. I was a little dissatisfied considering how he brought me all the way out here just to gloat and undermine me. I was glad though, the moonlight did do the dull forest some justice. The whirring smoke covered some of the plants around us, making it quite hard to see. I stayed close to Jojen, knowing that either of us getting lost wouldn't do the other anything good.

" Do you like it here?. Do you like the serenity?" He asked all of a sudden. I was surprised that he spoke, he hadn't said much since we left the camp. Even though he wanted to talk.

" Yes, it's absolutely marvelous out here" I answered exaggerated. Jojen snickered while grimacing and I coiled my arms and coherently cleared my throat.
" I'm hoping dearly that you do and that that wasn't just sarcasm at its finest " he shot back reluctantly.
" I did not only bring you out here to see the lovely scenery."

I was fazed. What did he mean?.

" Why did you bring me out Jojen? " I asked worriedly. Jojen grabbed ahold of my bare hands and held them in his. I was shocked at first, unsure of why this action was occurring. That was until he looked me deeply in the eyes. There was some sort inexplicable tension between us that just wouldn't subside.

" I have something important to tell you...." He answered in monotone. I just stood there staring at him and gulped down a gallon of air. And I nodded, wanting the answer.

" I'm a warg Beatrice and so is your brother, and you're a leolani."

♘♘♘

Soooo did you like that ??!. Sorry it was kinda short I'm hella busy with school. Btw look up the meaning of the word leolani. And I know you were expecting him to tell her that he loves her but I'm evil and you're gonna have to wait for like five or six chapters for that soooooo. But there will be a cute jotrice moment in the next chapter so keep reading and a big thanks to all of you that do,

Xoxoxo,- Erin.