Thirteen

I got into my dad's car and sat there until he came to me.
"Are you okay babe?"
"Dad can we just go? I don't want to be here. We'll come back later for the stuff."
"Yea totally, let's go." He climbed inside and drove to Mc Donalds. I looked at him and cracked a small smile.
"Welcome to Mc Donalds how may I help you today?"
"Um yes I need 2 breakfast burritos and a number 4 with no lettuce."
"Anything else?"
"Yes can I get a medium ice tea and a medium water."
"Sure your total will be $8.62 at the first window."
We rolled up to the window and the girl at the window gave me and Dad a weird look.
"Are you Connor Franta and Kaylee Franta? From YouTube?"
"Yes we are," Dad said.
"My daughter loves you Connor! Would you mind sitting out of the shot Kaylee? She isn't very fond of you."
"Um excuse me? No thank you she's my daughter. She will be in the picture or not at fucking all. You know what? Forget it take your money. Keep the change you bitch."
I gaped at his choice of words. He usually never cusses. We rolled up to the second window and got our food and he started again.
"Will you tell your manager about the bitch at the first window? She was being very rude to me and my daughter and I don't appreciate her tone."
"Yes sir," she clicked a button on her headset, "hello Daniel? Um a customer is complaining about Patricia's attitude."
We drove off and went back to the house. It was around 3:25 when we heard the doorbell ring through the house. I rushed downstairs and saw my dad at the door. I hid behind a corner and ease dropped.
"What do you need?" My dad asked.
"I need to see Kaylee."
"Matthew I don't know."
"Please Connor, I really need to talk to her."
I got up and walked to the door, "Matthew? What're you doing here?"
"I need to talk to you Kaylee, alone. If you don't mind."
"Come in and we'll go to my room."
I invited him in and we walked to my room.
"Kaylee I'm going to the store for a couple hours okay?"
"Okay!" I yelled back.
He locked the door behind him.
Shit.