Ch 1

Louis woke up to a beautiful, sunny sky... it was July 10, 2010. It hit him that he had his X-Factor audition today. He was excited and nervous, completely understandable emotions at this point. This was his second time at the X-Factor, he had auditioned back in 2009 but he was rejected. He took it in his stride and was ready to try again this year (2010).

He went and took a shower and decided to wear what he normally would- he believes that you should start as you mean to go on- and put on a striped shirt, red pants and a pair of Toms. He put on a blazer to dress it up a bit. (A/N: I've put a picture of the outfit on top/ on the side depending on your device.)                                                       

By the time he got down for breakfast, only him and Lottie (his half-sister. well, one of them. She's about 12) were left. His mum put down  a plate of waffles dripping with chocolate in front of him. "Thanks mum."      "Eat quickly or we'll be late Louis", his mother said.                         

"Okay. Hey Lottie."

"Hi. Are you nervous for today?", asked Lottie.

"Well, not really... maybe."

"Best of luck, Tommo."Lottie said as she got up to hug him.

"Thanks, Lottie. Bye", Louis said. "Let's go, mum!"

*After about one and a half hours, they reached Manchester* 

"Well, I'm gonna wait for you in the crowd so call me when it's over so that we can find each other. And best of luck", said Jay.  

"Thanks, mum. I'm gonna be backstage in case you need me",Louis said as he hugged her.

After two slow hours, an announcer/co-ordinater came backstage. "Auditioner -155204:  Louis Tomlinson, you're up next.  Please follow me."

Louis followed him. He was told to go through the wings- to be onstage, in front of hundreds of people. He licked his lips nervously and went out. He aimed to slay, he couldn't sit around getting nervous. It was go time.

"Hi. My name is Louis Tomlinson. I'm 18. I'm going to sing 'Hey There Delilah'by Plain White T's."

It didn't go the way he'd planned it... his voice had betrayed him! He was angry at himself for effing it up at the auditions. He could see the judges looking doubtful. They seemed to be debating whether he deserved a yes....
*dramatic drumroll

He couldn't believe what the judges had just said! Simon Cowell actually smiled as he said, "Yes" as did Cheryl Cole and Louis Walsh. He was through to bootcamp! He mentally fist pumped. He thanked them and went offstage. He felt embarrassed with the way his voice had sounded in front of so many people, he could've- no, he should've done better. He decide to hide out in the loo till he stopped feeling so flustered. He splashed the blissfully cool water on his face. He looked up at the mirror and noticed a boy standing at the next sink, washing his hands. He had curly brown hair that looked quite soft- wait, what? What was wrong with him today? He shook his head and grabbed some paper towels to wipe off his face. Curly was pretty good looking Louis thought, what with the hair, pretty lips, cute jacket and were those... yeah, he had green eyes too.

Curly caught him staring and came over to get a paper towel. "Hi, I'm Harry Styles."

They shook hands and Louis felt some really weird feelings in his hand.. and his heart beat a bit fast as he said,"I'm Louis Tomlinson. You here to audition, right?"

"Yeah. Did you get through?", Harry asked.

  "Yeah I don't know how, but I managed. What about you?"

"It was good I think, though Louis Walsh didn't seem to really like me, y'know? Or maybe he just didn't like my song."

"What song did you sing, Harry?"

"I sang 'Isn't She Lovely'. But it doesn't matter now."

"I sang Hey There Delilah and I think I just spoilt the song for everyone out there. *laughs nervously* I like your jacket by the way."

"Thanks. Hey, if you wanna borrow it you can. We could exchange.."

"Really? It's getting windy and I like staying warm, so I'm not gonna say no."

Harry smiled shyly as he handed over the jacket. He thought that it looked good on Louis... And he loved how Louis' smelled slightly like mint and candy- weird mix, but it was awesome.

"So, maybe we could meet up later, to exchange back", Harry said.

"Um, alright. There's a cafe down the street. We could go there?"

"Okay. At 5?"

"Sure. Bye Curly. Oh, sorry- I mean Harry."Louis blushed with embarrassment.

"Already got a nickname for me, huh? Well then, bye Lou."

Please vote and comment!