Ch 5

[Author's note: Yeah I've cast Frankie Sandford here. because of course i did. i really need to figure out what her role is in this story... ]

They reach the dining hall at 8 sharp. Simon waves them over to where he was standing with a bunch of other  contestants.

Simon: As you all must know by now, I'm Simon Cowell. I'm going to be your mentor throughout your journey at the X-Factor this year. If you have any problems, you're welcome to come and discuss them with me in the strictest confidence. Now, I'd like all of you to get to know each other as you will be together for some activities. And you will be staying together during Bootcamp from tomorrow. Oh, and don't bother asking me where we're going. It's supposed to be a surprise, but you'll like it I think. I'll be back in 10 mins to ask about your group names and leaders.

[He leaves to get a drink and chat with the other judges]

All of them stand in a sort of circle, waiting for someone to speak.

Louis: Hi. I'm Louis Tomlinson. I'm the leader of my group- One Direction. This is Liam Payne, Harry Styles, Zayn Malik, and Niall Horan. We were put together by the judges.

Alex: Hi. I'm Alex Mazer. I'm the leader of the Pincushions. I would like to present to you: Andy Plank, Arabella Crawford, and Zoey Bluestone. 

Liam: How long have you guys been together as a band?

Alex: Well, Andy and I started jamming together a couple years back. Then, this year we decide to form a band and Arabella and Zoey joined us. 

[Simon comes over with a drink in his hand.]

Simon: Well, are you ready to tell me about your leaders?

Andy: The leader of the Pincushions is Alex. Mazer.

Louis: We've decided to call ourselves One Direction and I'm the leader.

Simon: Hmm. Who came up with the name?

Louis: Harry did.

Simon: Hmm. Okay, Alex and Louis. There's no real work you have to do as leaders. I just expect you to be in charge of explaining the instructions to your groups and tell me about all the decisions like, the songs you decide to sing . And I'll need your help in filling forms and such. Oh, and on Sunday, we'll all be going to Brighton. Pack your stuff in time, we'll all leave around 3 in the afternoon.

Liam: So, will we be staying with the other contestants?

Simon: Yes, and you will be expected to get along. I mean to say, no fights will be tolerated, no matter how stressful it is. Is that understood? Okay then, see you all on Sunday.

[Simon walks off]