Chapter Three: A pot of gold

I couldn't breathe. Gina had wrapped me in the tightest hug ever.

"Aghhh, I feel like I'm more excited than you Kara", she said.

It was true. From the inside I was dying, but I didn't quite show it.

"I just don't want to get my hopes up, you know. I"ll just have to wait and see what happens", I told her.

"Yeah, I guess you're right. I just want you to be happy." "I am happy, you silly." 'I mean, with a boy you know", she said.

All the memories of my last boyfriend flashed before my eyes. He was the first and only boyfriend I had.

I was heartbroken when I found out he was using me. He was on the basketball team and if he didn't improved his grades, he would get kicked out of the team.

So he reached out to me. Me, as the fool I am, thought he really liked me.

I even had helped him cheat on a test.. well multiple tests.

And then he broke up with me. Just after he heard he could stay in the team.. coincidence huh?

You could say I have trust issues. I never know when to believe someone. One of the reasons I don't have many friends.

~
Third period, PE. I didn't hate it, but I didn't like it either.

The lesson was almost over. I told my teacher I had to use the bathroom, so I left 5 minutes earlier.

Didn't I tell you I would get my revenge? Well, now is the time *laughs evilly*.

I went to the boys dressing room and searched for Jerome's stuff.

"Yeahh", I whispered to myself when I found his stuff. I quickly grabbed his shampoo bottle and put some liquidy substance in it. I got it from Daniel. He said it would turn everything pink.

Don't ask me where he got it from, but I prayed it would work.

~

As usual I was the first one at our table in the canteen. I was reading in one of my newest treasures I got from the library.

I was rudely errupted when someone sat down making a lot of noise. I assumed it was Daniel so I said: "Next time you do that I will shove a cactus up your ass!"

"Woah, didn't know you were so feisty."

Oh shit.

That voice.

I slowly looked up from my book and looked at him. Totally embarrassed that is.

He was looking at me with that award winning smile.

"Oh my god Isaac, I'm so sorry. I totally thought you were someone else. Sorry!"

He laughed. "Don't worry about it", he said, still laughing.

My cheeks were burning. I probably looked like a tomato.

That's when I saw Daniel, Gina ... and Jerome.

I burst out laughing, tears streaming down my face. Isaac looked at me with confusion written all over his face.

Jerome stomped towards our table. He was mad, but when he saw me, he couldn't help but smile.

"You actually look really cute like that", Gina teased him.

"It isn't as pink as I was hoping it would be, but it's good enough", I said, still laughing.

"I look like a fucking idiot, I hope it will wash out soon", Jerome yelled. "I actually kinda like it", Daniel said smirking.

I noticed Isaac feeling awkward so I introduced them.

"Well eh, Isaac, these are my crazy friends Daniel, Gina and Jerome", I said nervously. I was praying they would like eachother.

They exchanged some friendly smiles, except for Jerome. He actually looked kinda.. disappointed?

Suddenly someone from the back yelled: "Hey Isaac, why are you sitting with that nerd?"

Banggg. Yup that hit me.. hard.

Isaac gave him a look that could seriously kill. The other boy just sat down and didn't say anything.

"Please just ignore him, he can be a real douchebag at times", Isaac assured me.

I realized we were really from two different worlds.

~

"I didn't knew you were friends with Isaac. When did that happen?", he said in a strange way.

I told him about what happened in the bus and what we had talked about.

"Aren't you happy for me? I finally had the courage to talk to him!"

Jerome never really supported me with Isaac and stuff. He always just kinda brushed me off when I talked about Isaac.

"Yeah, of course I am", he said, obviously lying, "it's just kinda .. weird I don't know."

"What do you mean!? You aren't really helping..", I said.

"Nevermind, it's nothing".

We didn't talk anymore that lesson. What was his problem?

~

"Okay everyone, think about a situation in history that really appeals to you. This could be a war, revolution and so on", my history teacher said.

It was literally so hot, I couldn't even think. That's one of the things about living in California.. but I loved it.

"Now I'm going to tell you with who you are going to make a presentation with. You two choose a situation and talk about it for about 10 minutes. You'll have one month to prepare everything", my teacher said.

The whole class let out a deep sigh.

"Natalie and Jenna, Tyler and Lilly, Kara and Isaac..."

It's like I had a million four-leaf clovers and just found a pot of gold underneath the rainbow.

Damn, I was shaking.. of excitement.

In the corner of my eye, I saw him looking at me and smiling.

X R