Fly Boy

Senator Amidala and I arrived on Mustafar. We saw Anakin and approached him with caution. "Master. Is it true? Did you... Kill... The younglings?" He stayed silent. Until a point when he began spouting bantha fodder about how we should come with him and rule the Galaxy with the dark side. "Anakin, your breaking my heart. You're going down a path I can't follow." I heard Padmé yell with tears streaming from her eyes. Obi-Wan emerged from the spacecraft we traveled in and my heart truly turned against him when I saw him choke his own wife... Obi-Wan prepared to fight, but I directed him to help her... I would be the one to fight him...

I Ignited my lightsaber and it made contact with his several times. The fight was an acrobatic splendour, across thin pipes and bridges that went across streams of lava. We were both on floating rubble. I flipped up onto stable land, and he followed. We continued our fight. By the end I was missing a hand and ready to be killed. "Fly Boy." I whispered. I heard the deactivation of his lightsaber and his footsteps becoming a distant sound. He let me live.

I ran to the ship and got in the pilot seat. I flew it to Pollis Massa. I knew there were many medical droids capable of taking care of her. She was medically fine. They babies were fine. But she didn't make it. She lost the will to live. And to be honest so did I.

I ceased my training. I've spent the months proceeding the events, caring for Luke and Leia. Obi-Wan helps, but he can't look at Luke without seeing Anakin.

Whilst no longer a Jedi, I kept my lightsaber. I needed it if I was going to stop the dark within him.