Being an Apprentice

Redkit and Shadowkit rolled around in the clearing, playing. Shadowkit pinned his sister down, but Redkit rolled over, unbalancing him. She jumped on his back, slithering her neck around to bite his neck softly then jerked her head, making him fall.

"Redkit, Shadowkit! Stop it this instant! You can't look like you rolled through mud then walked backwards through a thorn bush before your apprentice ceremony!" Their mother, Dewflower, purred. She wrapped her tail around Shadowkit and licked his fur clean.

       Redkit purred. "Haha, Shadowkit!" She teased her brother.

"Now it's your turn," Dewflower meowed, grabbing Redkit by her scruff, licking all the dirt off of her. Redkit squirmed a little, but it was doing no justice so she sat still. She glanced at the apprentices' den and saw her best friend, Honeypaw, exit. Honeypaw wants to be a medecine cat apprentice, but Silverpaw already is. It's not hard to guess that Spotshade is close to joining StarClan, but she won't admit it. Silverpaw said he would make Honeypaw his apprentice one day.

"Hey, Ms. Future Apprentice," Honeypaw joked. Honeypaw had only been an apprentice for a moon, along with Sunpaw and Rainpaw.

       Redkit shook her fur when her mother finished grooming her, and stood by Honeypaw.

"Shut up, flea-brain!" Redkit teased Honeypaw.

Honeypaw purred and asked, "I wonder who your mentor will be!"

"Me too,"

"Cats of ThunderClan, gather beneath the HighRock for a Clan meeting!" Redkit heard Mudstar call out.

"Good luck!" Honeypaw called after her. Redkit sat by her brother and looked up at Mudstar, who was flanked by Suntuft, Cedarfur, and Spotstorm.

       Redkit didn't know a lot about Spotstorm, but he was a loyal warrior for sure, and Cedarfur was told to be deputy if Suntuft died or when Suntuft became leader.

"I call you all here to apprentice Redkit and Shadowkit," Mudstar yowled, breaking Redkit free from her thoughts. "Shadowkit," Her brother approached Mudstar. "Do you promise to uphold the warrior code and learn all you can?"

"I do,"

"Then I give you your apprentice name, Shadowpaw, and your mentor will be Cedarfur." Shadowpaw dipped his head and licked his new mentors shoulder.

"Redkit," Redkit approached Mudstar. "Do you promise to up hold the warrior code and learn all you can?"

"I do,"

"Then I give you your apprentice name, Redpaw, and your mentor, Spotstorm." Redpaw licked her new mentors shoulder. The Clan broke up and went their own ways.

"I will take you, Shadowpaw, Cedarfur, and Honeypaw on a patrol later. Go look around." Spotstorm told her.

"Thank you," Redpaw said, dipping her head. She heard him purr in response.

"Congradualtions!" She turned to see Honeypaw approach her.

"Thank you," Redpaw said.

"I'll show you where--" Honeypaw got cut off when Rainpaw slithered in by Redpaw, saying,

"I'll show you where your nest is," He purred.

"Or you can cut me off to moon over Redpaw!" Honeypaw said, her whiskers twitching.

QUICK MAP OF THE CAMP!

The camp has tall walls surrounding it and the entrance is through a massive pile of fallen rocks. When you enter, you walk down something that's stair-like and is surrouned by brambles and thorns. You then walk into the camp. It's a clearing with the High Rock on the far right that has grown out of that wall with a small hole for the leaders den. At the foot of it is the medicine den. Then the wall to the left of that is a flat wall with a ledge leading den to den. Starting from the bottom is the warriors den, then the apprentices' den, then the Elders den. In the medicine den in the very back then hang a left, is the nursery. In the medicine den is a small hole in the ground with water trickling above it into a little pool so water is right in the camp. All the way away from the High Rock and Den Wall is Warm-Rocks, where cats can bask.

------------Back to the story------------

Redpaw followed Rainpaw up the ledge and to the apprentices' den. He led her all the way to the back to five soft nests made from moss and feathers.

"It will be me, you, Honeypaw, Shadowpaw, and Sunpaw. Is that okay?" He asked.

"Yes. Thank you," Redpaw licked his chin then left the den.

       The thoughts of Rainpaw swarmed her head like bees.