Chapter 1

I was scared. Me and Krism just moved in with each other about 2 months ago after the wedding. We were so excited to be here at he beginning, Who knew it would lead to this.

"There are people here" Krism whispered.

"I Noticed..."

"We need to call the police!"

"We can't, the house phone is downstairs, and if we try to get To our cellphones in the bedroom they will hear our footsteps"

The fear was in her eyes as she started to tear up.

"What if this is it for us? What if we die?"

"I won't let that happen" I stated hugging her tightly but that was my mistake.

When I moved, a creek was heard and it echoed through the house. It's was as impossible not to hear the sound erupt through the house. The group stopped in there tracks hearing the noise travel through the small house. Two men lurked the bottom floor as Three others slowly made there way up the steps and as they approached Krism bolted down the stairs.

I gasped as she ran down past the Three men. "Hey!" one screamed. "Get her!" Another voice yelled. They ran back down the stairs to see Krism dialing 911.

"Hello this is 911 what is your emergency?"

"Please come, ther-"

Her voice stopped as a gun fire was heard.

"Hello? Hello?!"

The tears just flowed from my eyes as I saw a red liquid leak onto the hallway floor where I could see it from the top of the stairs.Krism had been shot as The phone went blank. I Hoped the cops would arrive quick enough for me to be able to escape this house which I would now think of as the Death marker.

And as planned the cops did arrive. They caught 2 of the group members as the other 3 darted into the sewers. I made my way down the stairs, tears still streaming down my face as I went comfort Krism in her possible last moments.

But it was to late. She was gone.

(Sorry if it's short)